• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should I get my hair curled?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post

Do it now girl, don't wait for fate.
    I wish: will not get away with it in current job, also as a daily style that is far too much aggro!
    Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
      I say go for it, you can always have a mobile hairdresser come to your house to do the deed.
      Get a couple of photos that we can have a giggle over
      FTFY

Comment

I wish: will not get away with it in current job, also as a daily style that is far too much aggro!
        Work is just a pain for that sort of thing. All this 'looking professional' nonsense gets quite wearing sometimes.

Comment

I misread this as 'curried' FYI. Either way it sounds fun. My hair got very long in lockdown 1 and is naturally curly, so my wife straightened it for me... I looked like one of the Beatles or possibly an early Justin Bieber. I quite liked it though it got in my eyes a lot.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Sounds discriminatory. Ask them if they'd tell a black person their 'fro was unprofessional
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              I misread this as 'curried' FYI. Either way it sounds fun. My hair got very long in lockdown 1 and is naturally curly, so my wife straightened it for me... I looked like one of the Beatles or possibly an early Justin Bieber. I quite liked it though it got in my eyes a lot.
              This ^^

When I'm outside on a breezy day, my hair flaps about all over the place, and in my face. Drives me potty.

I don't know how women (or hippy guys) with long hair put up with it without pigtails or similar, or a hat, to hold it in place.

Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Should I get my hair curled?
                Wait until you get my invoice for time spent giving you an answer to your predicament. That'll make it curl for sure.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I've seen Mohican wearers in the working week. They just have a curtain of hair which they cover their bald bits with.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Work is just a pain for that sort of thing. All this 'looking professional' nonsense gets quite wearing sometimes.
                    Very good, education not wasted on you!
                    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

This ^^

When I'm outside on a breezy day, my hair flaps about all over the place, and in my face. Drives me potty.

I don't know how women (or hippy guys) with long hair put up with it without pigtails or similar, or a hat, to hold it in place.
                      The James May look?

First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Working...
                      X