• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Football Super League

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah - it makes me think maybe it is a good idea when I hear uefa and fifa so opposed.
    The most corrupt organisations on the planet - criticising this about money whilst planning their winter world cup in Qatar - couldnt make that up.
    And then sky / bt having a go.
    Not that there is vested interest from any of the above organisations

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      We live in a free market. The monopoly will only work if football fans continue to watch these clubs. Fans could vote with their feet, it really is that simple.
      These global clubs don't care about local fans - TV rights to watch at home at 8k in Asia will make the big bucks, as long as they don't play in Taiwan.

Comment

Roman's doing a U-turn. Or maybe Putin has told him to, so more of his FSB mates can visit our fine cathedrals.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...amovich-U-turn

qh
        He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Chicken tulips!

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
            Roman's doing a U-turn. Or maybe Putin has told him to, so more of his FSB mates can visit our fine cathedrals.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...amovich-U-turn

qh
            Booooo .... I love it when football fans get upset. I particularly like it when a team loses, and the camera pans to the crowd and there are fans crying.
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Tottenham are releasing a DVD to celebrate their 48 hours in the ESL.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

It's turning into a similar scenario to when a bunch of guys go out for a night out and organise a lads holiday in Ibiza, but it all falls apart when they sober up and ask the Mrs if they can go.
                When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                  It's turning into a similar scenario to when a bunch of guys go out for a night out and organise a lads holiday in Ibiza, but it all falls apart when they sober up and ask the Mrs if they can go.
                  But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                    or is it only me that couldn't give 2 flying hoots?
                    For someone who claimed not to give 2 flying hoots about this, you seem pretty invested in this discussion, with some pretty emotive language

I do agree it was pretty funny watching this unfold and then, I guess, refold.
                    Last edited by Paralytic; 21 April 2021, 10:23.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post

For someone who claimed not to give 2 flying hoots about this, you seem pretty invested in this discussion, with some pretty emotive language

I do agree it was pretty funny watching this unfold and then, I guess, refold.
                      I couldn't give 2 flying hoots about football, or the new/not going to happen league. I do care when our government try to jump on the populist bandwagon though to appease football fans.

John Barnes interview on Beeb this morning was very interesting. Probably the most sensible one yet on this whole saga.
                      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                      X