• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Too much Coverage of the Duke of Edinburgh's desth

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too much Coverage of the Duke of Edinburgh's desth

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/p...e-b928970.html

T he BBC has been bombarded with so many complaints about its coverage of Prince Philip’s death that it has set up a dedicated complaints page.

The broadcaster suspended its Friday schedule across both BBC One and BBC Two to run a series of mirrored special programmes about the duke, who died at Windsor Castle aged 99.

BBC Four was suspended and showed a message urging viewers to switch over for a “major news report”, while BBC Radio 4 and BBC Radio 5 Live also aired special programming reflecting his life.

The rolling news coverage meant the final of MasterChef, which was due to air at 8.30pm on BBC One, was not shown.

You can add your complaints on this link
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/contact/death-...gh-tv-coverage
    Last edited by SueEllen; 10 April 2021, 13:11.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

such outrage over a poxy cookery show.

Comment

The coverage was over the top. A couple of hours of info about him and his life would have been more than sufficient. Rolling news bringing us the count of how many tears have been shed, reminders to not gather outside palaces or lay flowers, and speculation as to whether it's legal for Harry to come back to the UK for the funeral are all utterly irrelevant.

Comment

"People who read twitter for 14 hours a day have bombarded.."

Comment

Quite. It's even filling up the local news. I quite liked the old bloke but it's over the top.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I suppose it makes a change from 24/7 covid stuff.

Comment

I scrolled through the BBC radio stuff on Freesat: 14 out of 15 playing the same programme, the one that wasn't was Tudur Owen doing his thing on BBC Radio Cymru which has a listenership of about 3 plus 40,000 sheep.

Meanwhile here's sommat to look forward to if the next demise is treated the same way:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-16767149
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 April 2021, 15:08.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                I made the mistake of clicking on that Beeb link. Under it is multiple stories of the DoE.

Currently watching one of the 4 channels of sport.

Apparently Jaguar holds a Royal Warrant do are unable to celebrate their Formula E second place in Rome.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I’m guessing Operation Forth Bridge (the name for the planning of his death and funeral) was created long before there was a multitude of different BBC channels so wasn’t designed for the current way we consume news
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Nothing against plenty of coverage, if that's what people want, but putting the same thing on multiple TV and radio channels simulataneously was proper nuts. What's all that about? Not that I watch a lot of live TV, but it was somewhat aggravating in the car yesterday until I found a channel that was still playing music.

Comment

Working...
                    X