• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doom: Indian Double Mutant Covid

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doom: Indian Double Mutant Covid

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/30/doub...ctor-says.html

The double mutation of a Covid-19 variant discovered in India is of grave concern — and could spread to other countries, according to Dr. Kavita Patel, a non-resident fellow at the Brookings Institution.
    “It is something to watch very closely, and something that will not be limited to India. It is something we will likely see around the world as we have with other variants,” she told CNBC’s “Street Signs Asia” on Monday.

India’s health ministry said last week that a variant with two mutations — known as E484Q and L452R — was found in the country. The mutations are not new, but the variant in India carries both of them —something that has not been seen in other variants.
    The mutations could make the virus more contagious and better at evading the body’s defenses.
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

This is never going to end, is it? We've let loose a brand new, virulent corona virus across the world and it is going to be incubating and mutating for decades to come. Hopefully just a case of yearly jabs, along with the flu one. Perhaps they can use their new vaccine to tech to include one for the most common cold viruses as well, whilst they're at it.

Comment

Good news is that post-Brexit border-controlling Global Britain is going to adopt Zero Covid strategy

Oh wait

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Good news is that post-Brexit border-controlling Global Britain is going to adopt Zero Covid strategy

Oh wait
        yawn...............
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

yawn...............
          Ditto
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I posted there were variants of concern in the US and India a few days ago.

However I forgot to mention Brazil - where the politics means that new variants are evolving all the time.

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Brazilian strain was killing lot of people in Manaus. Has it reached our shore yet?

Imagine a nightmare scenario ,when virus mutates so much that vaccine is no longer effective.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                Imagine a nightmare scenario ,when virus mutates so much that vaccine is no longer effective.
                Pretty scary thought really - Tory Scum will argue that since vaccines don't work it's time to "open up the economy"

Comment

Working...
                X