• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Goldman Sachs - "In humane" working conditions?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    I'm not sure who you have worked for but most of my employers have insisted that I sign the 48hr opt out since it was created. It is toothless and needs reviewing.

I have been salaried since the early 90s with overtime not an option except when contracting.
    Same with the opt out. What is even the point of such an "employee protection" measure if you can simply be asked (forced, let's be realistic) to sign away the "right" as a condition of employment? A day off in lieu, or perhaps even an afternoon off and a couple of beers, was about as good as it got for compensation for weeks of overtime.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post

I take it you've never been to Canary Wharf's shopping mall then? They don't have Hugo Boss, Mont Blanc and similar outlets for nobody to spend money in.
      Oooo. I've got loadsamoney. I'll buy another suit and a pen. Hardly enjoying your money is it?
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        Oooo. I've got loadsamoney. I'll buy another suit and a pen. Hardly enjoying your money is it?
        It’s Parker rather than BIC

Comment

Originally posted by mattster View Post
          Same with the opt out. What is even the point of such an "employee protection" measure if you can simply be asked (forced, let's be realistic) to sign away the "right" as a condition of employment? A day off in lieu, or perhaps even an afternoon off and a couple of beers, was about as good as it got for compensation for weeks of overtime.
          You kept your job too

Comment

Originally posted by mattster View Post

Easy way to fix it, signing the opt out results in overtime payments 1.5 times weekdays and 2-3 times for weekends and Bank holidays.

Once the employer has to pay they work out how to do without!
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              Easy way to fix it, signing the opt out results in overtime payments 1.5 times weekdays and 2-3 times for weekends and Bank holidays. Once the employer has to pay they work out how to outsource the job
              FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

It is in their materialist world.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I know someone who is ex-goldmans and is now a British Gas engineer. He says he is much happier and his family life is much better even with a 70% pay cut!
                  Former IPSE member
                  My Website

Comment

Working...
                  X