• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New 50 Pound Note

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New 50 Pound Note

It's a Turing!

https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/bank...-50-pound-note

Our new polymer £50 note is coming on 23 June 2021. It features the mathematician Alan Turing.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

So now when shops refuse to accept them one can report them for discrimination

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      So now when shops refuse to accept them one can report them for discrimination
      Well you could stand outside with a rainbow placard though I suspect with the new Police Bill you will be arrested if you don't move on for distressing homophobes.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        It's a Turing!

https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/bank...-50-pound-note

Our new polymer £50 note is coming on 23 June 2021. It features the mathematician Alan Turing.
        More Woke nonsense

He was a leading mathematician, developmental biologist, and a pioneer in the field of computer science. He was also gay, and was treated appallingly as a result. By placing him on our new polymer £50 banknote, we are celebrating his achievements, and the values he symbolises”.

Comment

Originally posted by DonaldJTrump View Post
          More Woke nonsense

Just because you have no manners.

Comment

It gets worse...

Director of GCHQ Jeremy Fleming said: “Alan Turing’s appearance on the £50 note is a landmark moment in our history. Not only is it a celebration of his scientific genius which helped to shorten the war and influence the technology we still use today, it also confirms his status as one of the most iconic LGBT+ figures in the world. Turing was embraced for his brilliance and persecuted for being gay. His legacy is a reminder of the value of embracing all aspects of diversity, but also the work we still need to do to become truly inclusive.”

Comment

How the **** am I going to light my Cuban Cohiba Esplendido with that? It's a disgrace I tell you.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Largely it's because he's Troll.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Well you could stand outside with a rainbow placard though I suspect with the new Police Bill you will be arrested if you don't move on for distressing homophobes.
                  If you do it quietly and let them pass to get to work, you'll be ok.

Comment

In the 15 years that I live in the UK I never had a £50 note, I had a £100 Scottish note though

Comment

Working...
                    X