• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Kate garraway

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kate garraway

Kate Garraway has an estimated net worth of £1.5million, according to wealth website Celeb Worth.

Her yearly salary is estimated to be a whopping £544,000, which largely comes from her work with ITV.

now she's whining:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-56495242

I'm SOOOOO sympathetic, honest.
    FFS
    feckin snowflake

All that money will certainly completely alleviate the distress of your loved one requiring 24 hour care. She talks about giving up work, but then says she should continue working in order to support him.

Which particular part of the article do you have issues with?
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Seems unlikely that someone with an annual salary of £500k would have a net worth of £1.5m unless that person had been taking investment advice from scootie.

Comment

If this had come from a proper news outlet, it would speculate about her house price.

Comment

It sounds like she's trying to be relatable to 'normal' people.

Unless they're living beyond their means, her income should be more than suffcient to get him access to the care he needs without needing to have to wipe his arse herself.

Unfortunately, there's loads of people who are not in her position who do have to be the carer, battle social services for the support needed, argue with hospitals who want to discharge someone without putting in place a home care package, etc etc etc.

I saw my parents struggle with my Nan and i'm sure plenty here who have a similar tale and more direct experience than I've had.

She might be in the same ocean as other people with carer duties but she's in an effing great yacht with a crew, not on her own in a dingy with a hole in the bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Unless they're living beyond their means, her income should be more than suffcient to get him access to the care he needs without needing to have to wipe his arse herself.

Unfortunately, there's loads of people who are not in her position who do have to be the carer, battle social services for the support needed, argue with hospitals who want to discharge someone without putting in place a home care package, etc etc etc.

I saw my parents struggle with my Nan and i'm sure plenty here who have a similar tale and more direct experience than I've had.

She might be in the same ocean as other people with carer duties but she's in an effing great yacht with a crew, not on her own in a dingy with a hole in the bottom.
            precisely my point. glad someone gets it.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post

I read it as she had thought about giving up work to care for him but decided it didn't make sense financially.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Kate Garraway has an estimated net worth of £1.5million, according to wealth website Celeb Worth.

Her yearly salary is estimated to be a whopping £544,000, which largely comes from her work with ITV.

now she's whining:
                https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-56495242

I'm SOOOOO sympathetic, honest.
                FFS
                feckin snowflake
                There's only one snowflake here mate, and that's you. Seems other people's pain triggers you constantly. Clearly you was at the back of the queue when empathy was given out
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Thing is, it's not always about paying for care it's sometimes about wanting to do it all yourself because it's your loved one and you want to be the person doing the caring. Whilst I'm not in her wealth bracket, I could have carried on working full time and easily covered care costs but I wanted to be the person caring for Mrs W, and not leaving it to some stranger. We did get help in as I struggled at times, but even then I did the lions share and only used them as support.

Social services are shyte and so uncaring. I pity anyone who needs their help. Thankfully we had a good OT who helped us get the right kit installed, and even though we paid for most of it, we did at least get the right stuff when needed.

Unfortunately though, however affluent, or poor, someone is the emotional effort is the same as you'll be aware from your parents. Money doesn't take away the love for the person you're caring for and the desperation to keep the dignity for that person.

Comment

I get that you are triggered when people talk about their emotions. You need to get help dude. Her husband is ill, as others have been during this past year, and her story will give others in a similar situation some comfort that they are not alone.

Comment

Working...
                    X