• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Priti good

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Priti good

"Priti Patel reaches six-figure settlement with ex-Home Office chief Philip Rutnam

Former permanent secretary sued government over alleged bullying by home secretary

Priti Patel has reached a six-figure settlement with a senior civil servant following claims that he was forced out of his job for intervening in her alleged bullying of fellow staff, it has emerged.

Sir Philip Rutnam, the former permanent secretary in the Home Office, had threatened to take the home secretary to an employment tribunal hearing in September.

He also claimed he had been hounded out of his job for defending his staff, and was suing the government under whistleblowing laws."

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-philip-rutnam

999999 is a 6-figure sum...

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    "Priti Patel reaches six-figure settlement with ex-Home Office chief Philip Rutnam

Former permanent secretary sued government over alleged bullying by home secretary

Priti Patel has reached a six-figure settlement with a senior civil servant following claims that he was forced out of his job for intervening in her alleged bullying of fellow staff, it has emerged.

Sir Philip Rutnam, the former permanent secretary in the Home Office, had threatened to take the home secretary to an employment tribunal hearing in September.

He also claimed he had been hounded out of his job for defending his staff, and was suing the government under whistleblowing laws."

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-philip-rutnam

999999 is a 6-figure sum...
    I'd have settled for sex.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post

I'd have settled for sex.
      Maybe Priti & Philip Rutnam have higher standards?
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

340k...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56281781

Comment

Does it cover his legal fees? Or are they separate?
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Does it cover his legal fees? Or are they separate?
            A QC for his lawyer ...

Comment

How is this not corruption?

I'm not trying to be controversial or take the micky - but haven't a political party in power, just bought off a scandal with public funds, the day after a budget that says we have a deficit of historic levels?

Is there another angle to be looking at this from?

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
                How is this not corruption?

I'm not trying to be controversial or take the micky - but haven't a political party in power, just bought off a scandal with public funds, the day after a budget that says we have a deficit of historic levels?

Is there another angle to be looking at this from?
                The other angle is that if this had gone to court, he would have got more - at least in the view of the legal team representing the Home Office. Hence the payout. There's a scandal here, but I don't think it is corruption - rather, it is the behaviour of the (almost) universally reviled Patel.

Comment

Shouldn't Priti have to foot the bill though, why is it the taxpayer when its a case against her? She wouldnt settle for 350k or whatever it is , but it's easy when its "someone else's money" . She should have to pay a personal penalty, not the public purse on her behalf.

My 2 cents obvs.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
                    Shouldn't Priti have to foot the bill though, why is it the taxpayer when its a case against her? She wouldnt settle for 350k or whatever it is , but it's easy when its "someone else's money" . She should have to pay a personal penalty, not the public purse on her behalf.

My 2 cents obvs.
                    The government must have decided that they are liable to pay for her actions instead of hanging her out to dry.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X