• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Priti good

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

The government must have decided that they are liable to pay for her actions instead of hanging her out to dry.
    The employer is on the hook regardless. Now if they had followed through and sacked Priti that would be acceptable unfortunately so few employers do. I suspect she will be reshuffled to the back benches.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

The employer is on the hook regardless. Now if they had followed through and sacked Priti that would be acceptable unfortunately so few employers do. I suspect she will be reshuffled to the back benches.
      They could have tried to argue they are only partly liable as they weren't aware of her actions and she is solely liable for the rest of it. (This is why employers send people on unconscious bias, diversity and whatever courses.) However it wouldn't work as Ms Patel has previous form.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

I wouldn't count on it - there hasn't been much sign of any kind of censure of Priti from the government. She should never have been in the position in the first place, after her last sacking as foreign secretary, but they have a only a small pool of Boris/Brexit loyalists to choose from, so she'll probably stay.

Comment

Taxpayers pick the bill because the Minister was bullying on their behalf, it’s not pretty but it’s Priti...

Comment

Working...
          X