• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should transwomen be able to compete in women's sports?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    The problems go far beyond professional sports

https://grahamlinehan.substack.com/p...hKuuGMBQ9DIfg0
    You just reminded me there is an issue here particularly on Hampsted Heath Ponds (I think) with "women's only" swimming.

I think a bare breasted woman then decided she actually identified as a man so swam during the men's only time.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

You just reminded me there is an issue here particularly on Hampsted Heath Ponds (I think) with "women's only" swimming.

I think a bare breasted woman then decided she actually identified as a man so swam during the men's only time.
      Just the actions of one idiot like this puts the whole cause back years. The problem isn't integrating trans in to society. The problem is the idiots within the trans groups.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post

Even then, given the biological advantages that males have had of going through puberty and being naturally pumped full of testosterone, the levels of this take time to drop to a "womanly" level. There are so many girls in the USA being denied college scholarships because they're finishing behind biological males who identify as females. Biden's made it worse for them by actively facilitating it.

My point was about other things than sports where there is no physical advantage. Can a women write as well as a man - of course she can no muscle mass needed.

I frankly can't see why you would allow M->F to compete in sports it just makes no biological sense.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

My point was about other things than sports where there is no physical advantage. Can a women write as well as a man - of course she can no muscle mass needed.
          And that opens a whole new topic of debate. The differences between the two go beyond physical, so an inequality of sorts still exist. You say 'can a woman write as well as a man' but it is quite possible, and I wouldn't be surprised, a woman is actually better chemically/biologically equipped to write better than a man. So the question could be can a man write a well as a woman or should we even be making an equal comparison? A man can generally lift more weight than a woman. We know that and we can see it. Who's to say a woman isn't a far superior writer but we can't see it to prove it. Very few things are truly equal between the two.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Just the actions of one idiot like this puts the whole cause back years. The problem isn't integrating trans in to society. The problem is the idiots within the trans groups.
            The woman was a 4th wave feminist not a trans man.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

I frankly can't see why you would allow M->F to compete in sports it just makes no biological sense.
              I don't see why MF should be banned from sports. If he wants to try his hand at sumo wrestling, who are we to stop him?
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

I don't see why MF should be banned from sports. If he wants to try his hand at sumo wrestling, who are we to stop him?
                Who COULD stop him?

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

Aren't sumo wrestlers strong?

It would be unfair to the NHS if MF got injured as it would take lots of resources so we would have to stop him.

Comment

Question for the ladies to resolve a discussion me and my better half were having. She says womens changing rooms tend to all be cubicled already, not like blokes ones where you just doff off. She thinks the future is mixed changing rooms with everything cubicled. She's got a point but I still think that will put a lot of women off using them, specially at first until people get used to it. Even in cubicled changing rooms a woman isn't going to feel comfortable when the 5 a side blokes arrive. She disagrees.

Would the members of the forum that identify as female be put off by mixed changing rooms?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      Question for the ladies to resolve a discussion me and my better half were having. She says womens changing rooms tend to all be cubicled already, not like blokes ones where you just doff off. She thinks the future is mixed changing rooms with everything cubicled. She's got a point but I still think that will put a lot of women off using them, specially at first until people get used to it. Even in cubicled changing rooms a woman isn't going to feel comfortable when the 5 a side blokes arrive. She disagrees.

Would the members of the forum that identify as female be put off by mixed changing rooms?
                      Coral reef in Bracknell is like that with family changing rooms and shared showers. Its not terrifying but I still prefer showering in the mens section.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X