• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Official Budget 2021 thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...e-budget-video
    It's the dishy Rishy show!

Comment

More like rotting fishy Rishy.

Comment

All other Tory Scum are very happy for Rishi to take full credit for tax increases

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Updated figures here for household capital wealth ... looks like I fall into P100 which I'm guessing quite a few here would also fall into. I know many on here don't want to believe it, but we are well off compared to most people in the UK.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...016tomarch2018

From the Beeb in 2019 ... again, inclining capital in property plus pension pot, warchest etc, most here will be in top 90% surely

Last edited by Whorty; 1 March 2021, 19:19.
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
              Updated figures here for household capital wealth ... looks like I fall into P100 which I'm guessing quite a few here would also fall into. I know many on here don't want to believe it, but we are well off compared to most people in the UK. NOTE: Top 8% if you keep profit in the company and avoid higher rate tax.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...016tomarch2018

From the Beeb in 2019 ... again, inclining capital in property plus pension pot, warchest etc, most here will be in top 90% surely

I think that many of us are in the top 1% of income before tax. And more of us after tax. Source Percentile points from 1 to 99 for total income before and after tax - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

As for wealth I am in the lowly top 20% (according to your graph). That's more about timing, career length, mortgage choices made in the 1990s, and inheritance
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

I think that many of us are in the top 1% of income before tax. And more of us after tax. Source Percentile points from 1 to 99 for total income before and after tax - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

As for wealth I am in the lowly top 20% (according to your graph). That's more about timing, career length, mortgage choices made in the 1990s, and inheritance
                Are you saying your household net worth is £1200? Really? That's capital in your property, cash in bank, cash in your company, assets in pension, investments, physical assets like cars etc.

Ok, maybe I'm the only successful contractor on here, but I'm definitely in the top 1% based on net wealth. I thought most contractors were well off ... at least that's what peeps are always saying on here
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Are you saying your household net worth is £1200? Really? That's capital in your property, cash in bank, cash in your company, assets in pension, investments, physical assets like cars etc.

Ok, maybe I'm the only successful contractor on here, but I'm definitely in the top 1% based on net wealth. I thought most contractors were well off ... at least that's what peeps are always saying on here
                  I'm very well off.

Comment

Originally posted by heyya99 View Post
                    I'm very well off.
                    Not unless it’s your butler posting this for you...

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

I think you have a pretty wonky understanding of these statistics. The far right of that chart is about £60k pa, which doesn't even meet Labour's test of "rich" at £70k pa (and that is for an individual, not a household)

A 1% earner was bringing in about £175k before tax in the 2017-18 tax year, probably closer to £200k now. There will be many people here bringing in much less than that. Furthermore, most contractors take a moderate salary and build a warchest for when they're out of work.
                      The IFS link I posted is asking for your NET income, not GROSS.

Enter your post taxation earnings and then spot the difference if you enter that you have two children. Your income and wealth are greatly affected by how many children you have.

Comment

Working...
                      X