• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What frightening expenses have you had

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vwdan View Post

I've got the photo of the bill from the last London Christmas meet somewhere!
    £564.25 went on my Tesco credit card (if you're talking about the Ship and Shovell in 2018)

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

£564.25 went on my Tesco credit card (if you're talking about the Ship and Shovell in 2018)
      Aye, that's the one. Gosh, was it really 2018? Guess it must have been

Comment

Coffee is expensive in Looondooooon

Comment

Spent a few bob shy of a grand in Galvin at Windows a few years ago. Just had a look at the receipt and was surprised that the food cost more than the booze despite HWMBO deciding we needed a full bottle of port and not just a few glasses.

Comment

Spent a few bob shy of a grand in Galvin at Windows a few years ago. Just had a look at the receipt and was surprised that the food cost more than the booze despite HWMBO deciding we needed a full bottle of port and not just a few glasses.

He was trying for the quantity discount!
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

He was trying for the quantity discount!
              You joke but it's highly likely he looked at the cost per glass and worked out how much we'd get out of a bottle before deciding the bottle was better value

Comment

The divorce bill was astronomical
                Former IPSE member
                My Website

Comment

You joke but it's highly likely he looked at the cost per glass and worked out how much we'd get out of a bottle before deciding the bottle was better value
                  Told you before he is a keeper!
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

What’s the problem - his math was off?

Comment

Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post
                      The divorce bill was astronomical
                      I bet Brillo has a similar tale

Comment

Working...
                      X