• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What frightening expenses have you had"

Collapse

• ladymuck
    replied
    I love Tarbie's tales. I think he should write a book

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    Originally posted by David71 View Post
    Put 500 rounds of .22LR ammunition on my expenses a couple of years ago. Was planning on taking the contract manager for an afternoons shooting to butter him up a bit; didn't happen in the end but I still got extended.
    and you remind me

Shooting an RPG Rocket on expenses in Dubai shooting range next to Client Co

Leave a comment:

• David71
    replied
    Put 500 rounds of .22LR ammunition on my expenses a couple of years ago. Was planning on taking the contract manager for an afternoons shooting to butter him up a bit; didn't happen in the end but I still got extended.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    I've lost count of the number of Christmas lunches us directors have had where we've broken the £300 barrier and I've ended up paying for it personally.

The plus side is....we can have another one the next week.

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    Ones that I don't think will be beaten

Company Racehorse

or

5 X DevCon Conferences to Las Vegas

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Whilst peeling potatoes for my work in Calcutta in 1995 I was using my company’s excess potatoes to pay for rooms/meals etc. for the missus and kids and I. We stayed at the Taj Bengal Hotel which was top end pricey.
    Cool story bro

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Whilst working in Calcutta in 1995 I was using my company Amex to pay for rooms/meals etc. for the missus and kids and I. We stayed at the Taj Bengal Hotel which was top end pricey.
    Because of the delay in filing expenses back then and getting them paid, there was always a delay of a few weeks so the bill totted up quite briskly. I recall getting a statement telling me that my balance was a tad over £22K, although to be fair I had already paid them around £15K back at that point.
    Kept hold of the £22K statement as a keepsake for a while. Twas quite funny to wheel it out on occasion whenever people were whining about how large their outstanding Credit Card Bills were.
    The main downside was that I only found out towards the end of my stay there that I could also have been collecting British Airways Air Miles. :-(

Leave a comment:

• Paralytic
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    What frightening expenses have you had
    Have you asked your accountant?
    Last edited by Paralytic; 23 February 2021, 08:53.

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    January 31st every year is a shock...

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied
    30K solicitors bill for contesting a will and at that point it was no where certain I had a case!

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post
    The divorce bill was astronomical
    I bet Brillo has a similar tale

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

You joke but it's highly likely he looked at the cost per glass and worked out how much we'd get out of a bottle before deciding the bottle was better value
    What’s the problem - his math was off?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

You joke but it's highly likely he looked at the cost per glass and worked out how much we'd get out of a bottle before deciding the bottle was better value
    Told you before he is a keeper!

Leave a comment:

• courtg9000
    replied
    The divorce bill was astronomical

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

He was trying for the quantity discount!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X