• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What frightening experiences have you had?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post
    Let me see,
    nearly dying in the back of an ambulance
    Being caught in a hotel fire
    Nearly falling off the roof of a 10 storey building while doing a survey
    Crikey, you're Bruce Willis and I claim my five pound can of whoop ass!
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
      Many things (including the dreaded "you have cancer", yes that blunt) but the one that continues to give me the hebe jebes is having to decide whether to shoot some silly tw*t who had forced his way past the unarmed guard. I made the right choice!
      You let God sort them out?
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

Crikey, you're Bruce Willis and I claim my five pound can of whoop ass!
        Chuck Norris beat you to it!

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
          Many things (including the dreaded "you have cancer", yes that blunt) but the one that continues to give me the hebe jebes is having to decide whether to shoot some silly tw*t who had forced his way past the unarmed guard. I made the right choice!
          I had issues swallowing a few years back (ha ha) and was sent to have it looked at. The doctor's opening words were "so you're here because you might have throat cancer".
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

I had issues swallowing a few years back (ha ha) and was sent to have it looked at. The doctor's opening words were "so you're here because you might have throat cancer".
            You would think they would be taught the most sensible way to broach such subjects.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

You would think they would be taught the most sensible way to broach such subjects.
              I always assumed he thought I'd been told, but then stereotypes about surgeons and their lack of social skills

Comment

If we're doing medical then I had a massive asthma incident back in 2017 that should have put me in hospital and on oxygen but due to caring for Mrs W it was decided for her welfare I'd stay at home on steroids for a day or 2 to see if that sorted me (it did).

If anyone is familiar with the Peak Flow test, 'normal' for my age and height should be about 600; I was only able to blow 95. I bought myself a peak flow machine and test myself regularly now and I'm always 750 - 850 when well, so you can see how buggered my breathing was.

What's weird though is up until that experience I didn't know I had asthma. I'd had loads of attacks in the past but just assumed I wasn't as fit as I should be so would always push myself harder to get 'fitter'. This major asthma attack got me to the docs and a diagnosis. Who knew eh?

Not being able to breath and get oxygen in is not nice ... seeing covid patients now is very similar.
                Last edited by Whorty; 23 February 2021, 15:21.
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

I didn't know you COULD score 95!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    I didn't know you COULD score 95!
                    It was below 100 ... that's what the doc recorded. The next day it was over 150. As the steroids kicked in it went up quite quickly as the week progressed.

I have this one https://www.medisave.co.uk/miniwrigh...gaAgx0EALw_wcB

Just spotted that it's 750-850 range I normally score not 850-950 (from memory I thought the top was 950)

Haven't done a test recently as been pre-occupied, just tested and 750, 780, 780
                    Last edited by Whorty; 23 February 2021, 15:11.
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      Couple of times when cojak gave me an infraction...
                      Infection?
                      First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Working...
                      X