• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Forum Bug Reports

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Merging posts doesn't work either - it deletes both...
    If you can PM me the details I'll see what I can do - it's very unlikely to be gone from the DB, it's probably just got its clunky "this is the parent of that" pointers messed up

Comment

When refreshing the front page of the forums it doesn't seem to be reflecting the activitiy in that area. I've had the 'You thought IR35 was bad' as the header post for the business section from 6:53 this morning but when I go in there have been more recent posts. Even a CTRL Refresh doesn't change it.

Also when I do go in to business there is a post from Mogga on Time for MVL yesterday at 20.04 which is above a new post from John about interviews at 14:03

I missing out all the juicy threads from newbies so can we make this a Sev 1 please?

EDIT : I'm on Chrome and tried cookies, history and chache and no change. Both Business and Accoutning seem stuck
      Last edited by northernladuk; 4 March 2021, 16:27.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Private messaging page links do not work when WebRTC Leak Prevention is used in combination with uBlock Origin Chrome (88.0.4324.190 2021-02-24) plugins.

Perhaps not a bug as per say and possibly a fault with the plug-ins, but as these are commonly used plugins a compatibility issue may degrade the user experience.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
          Private messaging page links do not work when WebRTC Leak Prevention is used in combination with uBlock Origin Chrome (88.0.4324.190 2021-02-24) plugins.

Perhaps not a bug as per say and possibly a fault with the plug-ins, but as these are commonly used plugins a compatibility issue may degrade the user experience.
          never heard of them.

Comment

Post Thanks/Likes not showing any recent ones (ie can only see ones before the forum revamp).

qh
            He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
              Post Thanks/Likes not showing any recent ones (ie can only see ones before the forum revamp).

qh
              (cough) you didn't get any (/cough)
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Bash yer arse!

qh
                He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post

Do you mean links contained in private messages, or links to private messages, e.g. from the Message Centre page? And if the former, do you mean links internal to the forums, or external links (i.e. to domains outside contractoruk.com), or both?

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post

qh
                    Thanks/Likes are a bit of a mess in many ways, due to the developers of the plugin that provides them not having updated it for a long time while, allegedly, they dealt with legal issues surrounding material found on their work computers

No idea if that's actually true, but vB haven't deleted the post, so draw your own conclusions…

Anyway, I'll get it sorted out, but there's about fifty items currently on the list so it'll have to wait its turn

Comment

Where is me rolling laughing emoticon?

Thanks/likes were much better when actual list of those who liked was shown - have to look at number now

Comment

Working...
                      X