• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

of course he never asked

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

of course he never asked

Georgina Lawton's parents were both white, yet her father never asked why she was black | Daily Mail Online

Proof a father's love IS blind: Georgina Lawton's parents were both white, yet her father never asked why she was black... only after his death did her mother confess she was result of a one night stand, writes FRANCES HARDY

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

I just thought what a nice man.

And she mustn't have been too much of a brat as a kid.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      I just thought what a nice man.

And she mustn't have been too much of a brat as a kid.
      I was challenging the suggestion he never asked. That isn't credible surely?

If he said oh yes I asked but decided to bring her up as my own there would have been no story. I have friends who have done this normally from previous relationships but I assume some people I have met have children from a similar situation but its none of my business.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

I was challenging the suggestion he never asked. That isn't credible surely?

but its none of my business.
        so why post it?

Comment

Originally posted by jainnode View Post

so why post it?
          So only quoting part of my post trying to make your point is a bit sad.

If one of the people I have met with this issue decides to wash their dirty laundry in public its my business?

Comment

Not read the article but maybe there was a rogue ancester on one side or the other and sometimes random stuff turns up as a result?

But, like SE, I just read the headline and thought he must just have been nice.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Not read the article but maybe there was a rogue ancester on one side or the other and sometimes random stuff turns up as a result?
              The article says she went up to Shepherds Bush one evening for the B.B.C

And by that I don't mean the BBC thats located on Wood Lane in Shepherds Bush

Comment

Reminds me of an episode in Call The Midwife.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Proof a father's love IS blind.
                  geometry dash

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    Reminds me of an episode in Call The Midwife.
                    Ahh you've reminded me that's where I've seen the story in fiction recently.

However there are other people, both in the public eye and not in the public eye, who find out there dad is not their dad and in some cases their biological father is blatantly a different ethnicity. Lenny Henry is one where his "uncle" was actually his dad though his "uncle" and dad are the same ethnicity. Trisha Goddard, who use to have a talk show on ITV, was brought up by a white father who claimed her but her unknown biological father was black like her mum.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X