• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Met Office: Hottest February on Record

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Hmm, so 'a clue' is the same as 'facts'. What are the error bars on our graph of world temperature 0-1800 or so?

mi fone did this on tappy tawk
    Sufficiently small to distinguish a clear trend from multiple independent sources of evidence.

Nature

Look, estimates of uncertainty based on the accuracy of proxies during the instrumental period

Comment

Hmm, so 'a clue' is the same as 'facts'. What are the error bars on our graph of world temperature 0-1800 or so?

mi fone did this on tappy tawk
      I don't know enough about the science so I used the word clue. I am sure if I had said fact you would have picked up on that and demanded I provide evidence that I know it's a fact and then you'd probably have something to say about that too.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        I don't know enough about the science so I used the word clue. I am sure if I had said fact you would have picked up on that and demanded I provide evidence that I know it's a fact and then you'd probably have something to say about that too.
        You could've chosen not to post if you don't have the answers

Anyway I think I'm bored of playing climate-denier now. I wondered how easy and fun it would be... very, hardly at all.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
          Sufficiently small to distinguish a clear trend from multiple independent sources of evidence.

Nature

Look, estimates of uncertainty based on the accuracy of proxies during the instrumental period

The proxy and the instruments diverged significantly in the final section. This section was deleted and replaced with the instrumental record.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            The proxy and the instruments diverged significantly in the final section. This section was deleted and replaced with the instrumental record.
            You're going to back that up with evidence, contrary to the article itself, aren't you, BlasterTrump (including a link that you can read)?

Consistent multi-decadal variability in global temperature reconstructions and simulations over the Common Era

Further analysis of the agreement in the original paper that describe the multi-proxy source data:

Nature - sdata201788

Comment

The medieval warm period seems a misnomer. Should they have called it medieval climate period?
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

As an aside, BB, I find it hilarious that you image thousands of scientists (who rarely reach consensus on anything) can be conspiring against you.

I presume you're a rabid anti-vaxxer too, BB. Or perhaps you trust some science, but only if it doesn't conflict with your world view and investment choices.

Comment

The medieval warm period seems a misnomer. Should they have called it medieval climate period?
                  Not all of these events were global or synchronous, so they don't appear in global averages that way. In many cases, the peaks and lows were experienced at opposite times in different places, which flattens the global average.

Comment

You're going to back that up with evidence, contrary to the article itself, aren't you, BlasterTrump (including a link that you can read)?

Consistent multi-decadal variability in global temperature reconstructions and simulations over the Common Era

Further analysis of the agreement in the original paper that describe the multi-proxy source data:

Nature - sdata201788
                    If you'd bothered to read the paper you'd just posted you'd see it confirms it.
                    Figure 1, top of the page black line (the bit that generates the hockey stick) instrumental record.

Thx for that.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

As an aside, BB, I find it hilarious that you image thousands of scientists (who rarely reach consensus on anything) can be conspiring against you.

I presume you're a rabid anti-vaxxer too, BB. Or perhaps you trust some science, but only if it doesn't conflict with your world view and investment choices.
                      Oil stocks doing well.

CO2 emissions are good for the bank account.
                      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X