• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I've now been sober for over two weeks!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    No idea. I only go at night, and only in gingham.
    Its part of the contract with NLyUK, wait till you get to the underlying clauses, who knew you could make Y fronts from brambles and nettles?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I've not had any alcohol since December 2019. Started off as a training, weight loss thing and was going to be temporary. I've since realised that I don't miss it at all and it added nothing to my life so I currently have no plans to start again.

Comment

The pleasure of alcohol is in the social setting in given good jazz on the Hi-Fi, the log burner pumping out heat, some candles and erudite conversation over the food production process a cup of tea doesn't cut it However a well made classic Martini cocktail or glass of fine wine sets things of nicely

Comment

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post
          The pleasure of alcohol is in the social setting in given good jazz on the Hi-Fi, the log burner pumping out heat, some candles and erudite conversation over the food production process a cup of tea doesn't cut it However a well made classic Martini cocktail or glass of fine wine sets things of nicely[emoji2]glasses
          What's a Hi-Fi?
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The pleasure of alcohol is in the social setting in given good jazz on the Hi-Fi, the log burner pumping out heat, some candles and erudite conversation over the food production process a cup of tea doesn't cut it However a well made classic Martini cocktail or glass of fine wine sets things of nicely
            What's erudite conversation?

Comment

a well made classic Martini cocktail
              What's a well made classic Martini cocktail?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                What's erudite conversation?
                Having an erudite discussion then or pretending to be clever and learned and informed, booze enhances these qualities

Comment

What's 'no alcohol'??
                  I just can't grasp this concept.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    What's a Hi-Fi?
                    An expensive MP3 player.

HTH.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I've just done dry January for the first time ever, and I have to agree, didn't feel 1 jot better. Thought I'd feel amazing. Don't think I'll bother again.
                      One thing I have noticed, since dry January ended, is that just a few drinks, now gives me a bit of hangover.....maybe that's a good thing....

Comment

Working...
                      X