• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

British Teeth

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To show how different the north and south is.

All the family use Oasis (now Bupa) dentists.

We've just organised a set of NHS appointments while down South it's definitely private practice only.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Just had my 2019 annual checkup. My normal dentist has retired in the interim. Price of the checkup appears to have gone from £16 to £24 in the mean time.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        To show how different the north and south is.

All the family use Oasis (now Bupa) dentists.

We've just organised a set of NHS appointments while down South it's definitely private practice only.
        Well, i have no problems with my local NHS dentist.
        I i certainly don't <or would, ever> live in the North of England.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          Well, i have no problems with my local NHS dentist.
          I i certainly don't <or would, ever> live in the North of England.
          It's grim up north!

Comment

I've got no trust in NHS dentists whatsoever.

Went to a NHS dentist 3-4 years ago as I cracked my tooth eating salt and chilli ribs. Since I was there I got a check up (hadn't had one in 3 years) and turned out I had 4 cavities.

The dentist said that, given the difficult position of such cavities, she would have to do silver fillings; much easier to do and they'd have much better success in staying up, she said.

The repair to the cracked tooth (in enamel) came off less than 2 weeks later.

The silver fillings...I never went for them. The first time I went back to my home country I went to my trusted dentist; when I told him the story he couldn't stop laughing and said the last silver filling he did was in 1989. Then he started calling other dentists in the room to tell them the story and laugh and laugh and laugh, and last but not least he started to jokingly threaten his young assistants he'd fire them and send them to work in this 3rd world country called uk.

All the 4 fillings and the cracked tooth repair are still up.

Comment

Working...
            X