• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Covid Statutory Sick Pay?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Covid Statutory Sick Pay?

I am infected with Covid-19 currently self-isolating am on a six month contract I do not qualify for the £500 would I be entitled to Statutory Sick pay if so who would pay that (HCL - Ubique-Systems - GSK UK) - Cheers.

You can get SSP. Ask your employer. Do you know who your employer is?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      You can get SSP. Ask your employer. Do you know who your employer is?
      I am employed by HCL via an agency, Ubique-Systems for GSK UK - Cheers.

Comment

Why do you need sick pay? You are still being paid your normal wage through the company so are still technically working for them.

All that is happening is you are not billing and the gov don't cover that.

You have tried googling this first haven't you?

While you are off sick take the time to learn how your company works a little better.
        Last edited by northernladuk; 5 February 2021, 10:12.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by HarryCodLife View Post
          No you aren't

Comment

He means as a contractor if you are a limited company your employer is your limited company. If by an umbrella its the umbrella. Why do you think you get paid more than a permie?
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              He means as a contractor if you are a limited company your employer is your limited company. If by an umbrella its the umbrella. Why do you think you get paid more than a permie?
              Just looked at history and there might be more to it as there usually is with simple questions with no detail. He's struggled to understand umbrellas in the past as well but he appears to be on a rate around £23 an hour so it's possible he's not a LTD contractor. He's also at GSK so could be inside after the letters fiasco so until he drip feeds us the the pertinent facts we don't really know.

Hate crappy threads like this.. just have to wait and see now.

Comment

I am infected with Covid-19 currently self-isolating am on a six month contract I do not qualify for the £500 would I be entitled to Statutory Sick pay if so who would pay that (HCL - Ubique-Systems - GSK UK) - Cheers.
                Do you receive a salary form one of these three parties? --> they should pay
                Do you receive a daily rate which goes to an umbrella --> umbrella should pay
                Do you receive a daily rate that goes to your Ltd and Ltd pays you salary --> Ltd should pay or even better keep on working and invoicing (if working remote and not feeling too ill)

Comment

Just because you are isolating doesn't mean you are ill... does your client not allow you to work remotely?
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

And I thought you said you were on a contract?

Anyway, if you are employed by HCL then ask them.

At the moment I am not on contract. I am employed. I need hip replacement - minimum 10 days off work. My employer only covers first 7 days. I was offered SSP for other 3 days - but that will not even keep my butler in gladiator outfits. So I will use annual leave. I carried over 5 days from last year anyway.

Sometimes I regrest not being employed by a big bank anymore. I got 6 weeks off from JPM. In fact you can take off 6 months a year after one year. And all year after 5 years! Just as well given the number of people they give mental health issues to...

Comment

Working...
                    X