• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The BBC would cost more as a streaming service.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The BBC would cost more as a streaming service.

BBC is TWICE value of Netflix and would cost GBP400-a-year as a subscription service, Tim Davie claims | Daily Mail Online

Would YOU pay £400 a year for the BBC? Viewers call director-general Tim Davie's bluff and tell him to 'drop licence fee and offer annual subscription' after he claimed content would cost three times as much if it operated like Netflix

• Each hour of BBC TV watched by a household costs around 9p, broadcaster said
    • An 'equivalent' streaming service 'consumed by the household' costs around 15p
    • It added for pay TV services the cost started at well over 50p an hour, on average
    • The BBC report also said there was 'unprecedented competition' for audiences
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

I just hope BBC news remains independent and impartial. Please don't send me to the Daily Fail for my news

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      I just hope BBC news remains independent and impartial. Please don't send me to the Daily Fail for my news

ha ha

BBC Digest – News-Watch

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        Wheres the website evaluating THAT site for bias?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Wheres the website evaluating THAT site for bias?
          As it links to national newspapers and copies the opening excepts from their stories about the BBC being biased why would it need one.

a bit like this.

nhttps://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/half-of-britons-feel-the-bbc-does-not-share-their-values-gm0z9cfxf?--xx-meta=denied_for_visit%3D0%26visit_number%3D0%26vis it_remaining%3D0%26visit_used%3D0&--xx-mvt-opted-out=false&--xx-uuid=2067ea4c55068fdbb4c2deeb673cd101&ni-statuscode=acsaz-307

Nearly half of Britons think that the BBC no longer represents their values amid declining levels of trust in the broadcaster, particularly outside London, research for The Times suggests.
          In the past year a third of the public said that the values of the BBC had become less like theirs amid controversy over its coverage of Brexit and the pandemic. Only 33 per cent now believe that it represents their standpoint.

Comment

As long as both the right and the left complain the beeb is biased, they are doing a good job.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              As it links to national newspapers and copies the opening excepts from their stories about the BBC being biased why would it need one.
              Oh right, because you can't show bias by quoting people.

Setting up a website to demonstrate how biased someone is, is inherently biased.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

De-fund the BBC
                Drain the swamp
                Fox News or it aint happening

Comment

Originally posted by DonaldJTrump View Post
                  De-fund the BBC
                  Drain the swamp
                  Fox News or it aint happening
                  I thought your favourite news outlet changed after the election: Onanist News Network or failing that, The Trump Love-in Network however it seems that Fox is trying to curry favour by going out and out Qanon...
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Just watch Britbox instead. BBC and ITV for £59.99/year.
                    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Working...
                    X