• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Summer holiday to Florida booked

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summer holiday to Florida booked

Fingers crossed eh?

To be fair to BA (and I assume a lot are doing this), tickets are now totally flexible, balance due 3 weeks before, and only £100 pp deposit. So why not?

Got to spend the JSA money on something.....
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

What does "totally flexible" mean?

IMO you have wasted £100pp there. Hope I am wrong.

Comment

I take your paltry trip to Florida and raise you with:

- Singapore, September 2021, three weeks. Using the cheap (first class with SWISS) flights to get there and aim to head out to Taiwan and hopefully Vietnam/Cambodia/Laos. Will plan out the details in August. Flights are cancellable/changeable.

- Antarctica, November/December 2021, three weeks on a boat followed by two weeks in Argentina. Will see the solar eclipse from South Georgia. Just the deposit paid at the moment. Hurtigruten were offering a 'book by 31/01, cancel for any reason, get ALL your money back' offer which was too good to turn down. They also included the flights in the cost.

Now I just need to stay in work to pay for it all

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        What does "totally flexible" mean?

IMO you have wasted £100pp there. Hope I am wrong.
        BA flexible means you can change without fees but still have to pay any fare difference. IME if the fare difference results in a refund you won't be able to complete the change online and you have to phone the call centre. It's not that bad but a real faff for £4 (which was what happened to me when I last went up to Scotland).

If things move such that holidays become viable again, there will be a huge scramble to get away with reduced capacity to deliver it and I can see prices going up. So a £100pp punt on a holiday that can be changed (or refunded if cancelled by the airline) isn't a bad idea.

Comment

What kind of utter idiot wants to visit Florida in summer anyway.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            What kind of utter idiot wants to visit Florida in summer anyway.
            Drain the Swamp!

Yeah, summer, close to 40 deg c with 90% humidity
            First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

This is the same idiot who travelled to Spain at the height of the pandemic. There is no hope for some people.
              Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                This is the same idiot who travelled to Spain at the height of the pandemic. There is no hope for some people.
                To be fair, it was only the height of the pandemic then. It's much worse since he returned.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I booked St Lucia with BA in August lowest ever fares and apartment prices during summer holiday time.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    I take your paltry trip to Florida and raise you with:

- Singapore, September 2021, three weeks. Using the cheap (first class with SWISS) flights to get there and aim to head out to Taiwan and hopefully Vietnam/Cambodia/Laos. Will plan out the details in August. Flights are cancellable/changeable.

- Antarctica, November/December 2021, three weeks on a boat followed by two weeks in Argentina. Will see the solar eclipse from South Georgia. Just the deposit paid at the moment. Hurtigruten were offering a 'book by 31/01, cancel for any reason, get ALL your money back' offer which was too good to turn down. They also included the flights in the cost.

Now I just need to stay in work to pay for it all
                    Vientiane in Lao is a must!
                    Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Working...
                    X