• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DOOM: Yellowstone volcano sign indicates 'intention to erupt again' as experts probe

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DOOM: Yellowstone volcano sign indicates 'intention to erupt again' as experts probe

"YELLOWSTONE VOLCANO "fully intends to erupt again," according to a documentary which identified a sign of the supervolcano's "power" still seen today.

The caldera inside Yellowstone National Park is dubbed a supervolcano due to its capacity to inflict untold global devastation in the event of a supereruption. It was formed during the last three big events over the past 2.1 million years, with the most recent Lava Creek eruption occurring approximately 630,000 years ago. Located beneath the states of Wyoming, Montana and Idaho, the area is constantly monitored by the USGS (United States Geological Survey) for signs that history could repeat itself."

Yellowstone volcano sign indicates 'intention to erupt again' as experts probe 'big one' | Science | News | Express.co.uk

Lots of nukes in Montana too

Just to be nit-picky, I don't think a volcano has "intentions". It just does what it does when conditions are right.

Comment

No, the Express is obsessed with Yellowstone - it’s solid gold clickbait.

I listen to the Popular Volcanics podcast and Dr Janine Krippner always sighs deeply whenever Yellowstone is mentioned, because as sure as eggs are eggs the Express will be be the rag that’s brought the subject up.

https://twitter.com/popvolcanics/sta...770402816?s=21
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

At least they no longer post tosh about Nibiru

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Just to be nit-picky, I don't think a volcano has "intentions".
          Wrong - volcano is hot!

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            No, the Express is obsessed with Yellowstone - it’s solid gold clickbait.

I listen to the Popular Volcanics podcast and Dr Janine Krippner always sighs deeply whenever Yellowstone is mentioned, because as sure as eggs are eggs the Express will be be the rag that’s brought the subject up.

https://twitter.com/popvolcanics/sta...770402816?s=21
            Hey, you can only lead with Diana, house prices and statins so many times.

Comment

Yogi Bear will save us.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by TheExpress
                The USGS say there is no reason to fear a Yellowstone supereruption in our lifetimes.
                So yes. It probably will erupt again, but it isn't imminent.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  So yes. It probably will erupt again, but it isn't imminent.
                  It could be, tovarisch, thanks to a few nuclear depth charges

Comment

Ok doomer.
                    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Working...
                    X