• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DOOM: Beast from the East

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DOOM: Beast from the East

“ UK weather: Beast from the East might return next week, says Met Office

Snow forecast in Scotland and north-east England and wintry weather in central England

For northern England we could be looking at around 15cm, perhaps 20cm, by the end of Thursday over the highest routes,” he said. “Further south I’m not really sure, particularly into the Midlands, that much if any will settle.”

He said there could be “maybe one or two centimetres” of snow over the highest routes in central and eastern parts of England.

“But because of how wet the ground is going to be leading up to it and how much rain there’ll be mixed in around as well there probably won’t be a huge amount settling,” he added.

Temperatures could drop as low as -7C in the east of England on Wednesday night and possibly to -11C or -12C in Scotland, he said.“

UK weather: Beast from the East might return next week, says Met Office | UK weather | The Guardian

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    “ UK weather: Beast from the East might return next week, says Met Office

Snow forecast in Scotland and north-east England and wintry weather in central England

For northern England we could be looking at around 15cm, perhaps 20cm, by the end of Thursday over the highest routes,” he said. “Further south I’m not really sure, particularly into the Midlands, that much if any will settle.”

He said there could be “maybe one or two centimetres” of snow over the highest routes in central and eastern parts of England.

“But because of how wet the ground is going to be leading up to it and how much rain there’ll be mixed in around as well there probably won’t be a huge amount settling,” he added.

Temperatures could drop as low as -7C in the east of England on Wednesday night and possibly to -11C or -12C in Scotland, he said.“

UK weather: Beast from the East might return next week, says Met Office | UK weather | The Guardian

maybe one or two centimetres

Comment

Project Fear!

The UK is now free from the constraints of EUSSR regulations and weather.

Comment

Boris promised to take control of weather after B....t

Comment

Keeps people inside and off the roads...
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Since when did snow on the Scottish Highlands become front page worthy.
            Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Beast from the East might return next week
              Didn't know you'd been away!
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
                Since when did snow on the Scottish Highlands become front page worthy.
                He was quoting the weather. The weather is often front page news on the weather page.

mi fone did this on tappy tawk
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

All part of a ~60-year weather cycle that affects these isles and northern Europe. Made milder by climate change but they persist nevertheless.

Expect winters to get colder for about another ten years before they start to improve. I studied all this in sailing school in the 1970s.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
                    All part of a ~60-year weather cycle that affects these isles and northern Europe. Made milder by climate change but they persist nevertheless.

Expect winters to get colder for about another ten years before they start to improve. I studied all this in sailing school in the 1970s.
                    I believe climate change will lead to more weather extremes.

Lets discuss this in 20 years time?

Comment

Working...
                    X