• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boom ... but very early days

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    I know you're trying to be witty, but that is actually quite sad. The 25 years I had with my wife were always fun and happy and I never for one day regretted marrying her - I actually find it sad when people complain about their partners or get divorced.

Apologies if this bed-wetting upsets anyone
    I think you need to see the break ups to realise how it happens.

Sometimes people mistake lust and convenience for love or just get unlucky with their choice of partner. Some even manage to pick a BatTulip crazy partner or drive them that way. Sometimes the world conspires against them, its hard to be happy if you are really poor or your partner develops different values.

I am lucky Mrs V is fantastic even after decades of putting up with me. I did consider marrying my previous girlfriend who was a lovely person but I couldn't quite do it it didn't seem right in my heart, in retrospect I am very glad I didn't.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Then he can move.
      Of course, but it's harder to upsize than downsize, especially as one gets older, unless one has shedloads of spare cash.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I know you're trying to be witty, but that is actually quite sad. The 25 years I had with my wife were always fun and happy and I never for one day regretted marrying her - I actually find it sad when people complain about their partners or get divorced.

Apologies if this bed-wetting upsets anyone
        Did you have children?

Comment

There is still rumour and pressure that the current stamp duty holiday may be extended in some way. Gov't said absolutely not, but let's face it, they're quite well known by now for their u-turns ..
          Maybe the Government will say that the stamp duty holiday will be allowed for every purchase where the two sides' solicitors first made contact with each other for that purchase within the deadline.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            Of course, but it's harder to upsize than downsize, especially as one gets older, unless one has shedloads of spare cash.
            i do.
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Did you have children?
              No.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                Maybe the Government will say that the stamp duty holiday will be allowed for every purchase where the two sides' solicitors first made contact with each other for that purchase within the deadline.
                That would be nice.

Update is we don't think we will be able to exchange before the end of March so the time pressure is off to some degree. Met buyer today (outside, socially distanced) and they really want my house and are happy to wait for me to find the right property.

I viewed a few properties Friday and flats are a no. I had to see it for myself but can't see myself getting rid of too much of the life/stuff that Mrs W and me built up. So will be buying a decent sized property in Solihull area. Gonna get stung by stamp duty but hey ho, it's only money

Comment

That would be nice.

Update is we don't think we will be able to exchange before the end of March so the time pressure is off to some degree. Met buyer today (outside, socially distanced) and they really want my house and are happy to wait for me to find the right property.

I viewed a few properties Friday and flats are a no. I had to see it for myself but can't see myself getting rid of too much of the life/stuff that Mrs W and me built up. So will be buying a decent sized property in Solihull area. Gonna get stung by stamp duty but hey ho, it's only money
                  Ever considered somewhere sunny (22c in lanzerto today) ? 800eur a month to get a great place

With working from home forever I’m seriously thinking myself to escaping myself (currently pay 2000 month for London pad, not been in office for 9 months)

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                    Ever considered somewhere sunny (22c in lanzerto today) ? 800eur a month to get a great place

With working from home forever I’m seriously thinking myself to escaping myself (currently pay 2000 month for London pad, not been in office for 9 months)

Bit cold in Russia though

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post

It was a plan Mrs W and I had for our early retirement in 5 years time ... at this moment I can't stomach even thinking about that anymore. I'll have enough spare cash to travel to warmer countries (once lockdown eases) and maybe in the future my head will be somewhere else.

I think for me personally, for now, Solihull is right - friends, a few family members, it's where I met Mrs W and where her ashes will be scattered and a tree planted. If/when time is right then I may look further afield.

Comment

Working...
                      X