• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

House as company asset.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, sorry all it’s mu first try please feel free to permban it, I’ll try better next time...

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
      It's is generally reckoned to be a bad idea. You might save some tax initially. But when the company sells the house it will have to pay capital gains tax on any increase in its value. And then when you dividend the cash out to yourself you'll pay dividend tax as well.
      What planet are you on?

How does ‘gifting’ cash you’ve already paid tax on to your LTD. have any tax saving at all anywhere?

It’s your sockie isn’t it?
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by MeIsMark View Post
        I am currently using my Ltd (IT contractor), with two directors (me & wife). We are fortunate to be soon inheriting some cash. Does it make sense to 'gift' the cash to my Ltd company account, and then use that cash to buy a house (clean purchase, no mortgage) as a company asset - The company classification is software development. This (company owned) house could then function as the registered company office and also where we live. We could even pay our Ltd. a nominal rent to live there ? - Would the house count as a tax deductible expense (effectively zeroing the company's tax liability for that year) ? would the house class as a benefit in kind ? ( even if we pay the company a rent, effectively recycling salary back to the company ) ? - Its an idea I'm playing with, maybe I need to ask my accountant but there seem some very knowledgeable people here....
        Sounds like a great idea. Give it a go and let us know how it goes
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
        X