• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Indiana Jones and the Shattered Hip

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geriatric sequels are nothing new. Stallone (Rocky/Rambo), Swarzanegger (phonetically spelled, it's the best I can do. ) in Terminator [whatever number they're up to now], ..

At least Bruce Willis has stopped doing the crappy Die Hard sequels, I think.

If they're so 'invested in the character' maybe they should have done the movies when they had the bodies to pull it off. May as well use that fancy de-aging (e.g. Fury in Captain America) for something more plausible than a 70 odd year old (in appearance if not age) going toe-to-toe with yoofs.

Maybe the younger generation actors are just too bland and one dimensional, so they prefer to wheel out the old fogies. At least they have screen presence aka charisma.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
      Geriatric sequels are nothing new. Stallone (Rocky/Rambo), Swarzanegger (phonetically spelled, it's the best I can do. ) in Terminator [whatever number they're up to now], ..

At least Bruce Willis has stopped doing the crappy Die Hard sequels, I think.

If they're so 'invested in the character' maybe they should have done the movies when they had the bodies to pull it off. May as well use that fancy de-aging (e.g. Fury in Captain America) for something more plausible than a 70 odd year old (in appearance if not age) going toe-to-toe with yoofs.

Maybe the younger generation actors are just too bland and one dimensional, so they prefer to wheel out the old fogies. At least they have screen presence aka charisma.
      its about risk, a big name increases the chance people will go to see it even if its crap.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Indiana Jones and the waking up 3 times a night to take a piss.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          its about risk, a big name increases the chance people will go to see it even if its crap.
          Yep. Safe bets.

Comment

Don't forget Matrix 4, The Matrix: Reheated
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

And arguably, with the character assasination of Luke Skywalker and Ren's amazing ability to learn Jedi skills that are supposed to take years to even begin to master, without effort.

Jar Jar Binks is a welcome diversion.

Comment

I hope there will be more lead padded fridges in this one

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  Don't forget Phantom Menace.

Brexiter talks to remainer?
                  First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Working...
                  X