• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Indiana Jones and the Shattered Hip"

Collapse

• _V_
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Don't forget Phantom Menace.

Brexiter talks to remainer?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I hope there will be more lead padded fridges in this one

Leave a comment:

• Scoobos
    replied
    And arguably, with the character assasination of Luke Skywalker and Ren's amazing ability to learn Jedi skills that are supposed to take years to even begin to master, without effort.

Jar Jar Binks is a welcome diversion.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Don't forget Matrix 4, The Matrix: Reheated

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    its about risk, a big name increases the chance people will go to see it even if its crap.
    Yep. Safe bets.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Indiana Jones and the waking up 3 times a night to take a piss.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
    Geriatric sequels are nothing new. Stallone (Rocky/Rambo), Swarzanegger (phonetically spelled, it's the best I can do. ) in Terminator [whatever number they're up to now], ..

At least Bruce Willis has stopped doing the crappy Die Hard sequels, I think.

If they're so 'invested in the character' maybe they should have done the movies when they had the bodies to pull it off. May as well use that fancy de-aging (e.g. Fury in Captain America) for something more plausible than a 70 odd year old (in appearance if not age) going toe-to-toe with yoofs.

Maybe the younger generation actors are just too bland and one dimensional, so they prefer to wheel out the old fogies. At least they have screen presence aka charisma.
    its about risk, a big name increases the chance people will go to see it even if its crap.

Leave a comment:

• Hobosapien
    replied
    Geriatric sequels are nothing new. Stallone (Rocky/Rambo), Swarzanegger (phonetically spelled, it's the best I can do. ) in Terminator [whatever number they're up to now], ..

At least Bruce Willis has stopped doing the crappy Die Hard sequels, I think.

If they're so 'invested in the character' maybe they should have done the movies when they had the bodies to pull it off. May as well use that fancy de-aging (e.g. Fury in Captain America) for something more plausible than a 70 odd year old (in appearance if not age) going toe-to-toe with yoofs.

Maybe the younger generation actors are just too bland and one dimensional, so they prefer to wheel out the old fogies. At least they have screen presence aka charisma.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Beat me to it.

As cringey as Crystal Skull was, it wasn't as bad as Star Wars: The Force Awakens and subsequent films with far too many flaws. At least Crystal Skull was an enjoyable popcorn muncher, standing alone but with some nice throwback moments and connections to the earlier trilogy.
    Don't forget Phantom Menace.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Force Awakens was good. The last two, not so much.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge (1987)
    Beat me to it.

As cringey as Crystal Skull was, it wasn't as bad as Star Wars: The Force Awakens and subsequent films with far too many flaws. At least Crystal Skull was an enjoyable popcorn muncher, standing alone but with some nice throwback moments and connections to the earlier trilogy.

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I'd rather bad original than bad unoriginal that tarnishes a wonderful body of work. Well, Crystal Skull arguably already did that
    Personally only rate the first one, particularly the scene where he shoots the swordsman, apparently because they didn't have time to shoot a full sword fight!

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Landing a plane on a taxiway is original, doesn't mean it was good.
    I'd rather bad original than bad unoriginal that tarnishes a wonderful body of work. Well, Crystal Skull arguably already did that

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    I suspect he would prefer not to be doing anything but they keep on offering him pay cheques too big to turn down..
    Most actors seem to love working, to be fair. Look at Clint Eastwood! Even though it'll be a huge pay-cheque he can't be that bothered considering his recent foray back into Star Wars. He probably loves the character.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    I suspect he would prefer not to be doing anything but they keep on offering him pay cheques too big to turn down..
    Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge (1987)

I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built, and it is terrific.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X