• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

6th April 2021 - what will you do?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6th April 2021 - what will you do?

Currently in a contract (OS IR35) with a large supplier to the public sector. My contract ends in February '21 but indications are the there will be a requirement until August '21.

Had an email the other day from the supplier saying that from 6/4/21 my role will be deemed as inside IR35. Contacted my agent who said that in the event that my role is extended they will raise a contract from Feb to 6 April for my LtdCo and then I'll need to get an Umbrella Co if I want to stay on past 6/4/21.

Not sure what I'm going to do yet - especially given that the supplier have stated that they will not be looking at revising the rates. 'If' I accept the extended role I guess I'll 'park' the LtdCo and see the contract out beneath an umbrella and hope that a role OS IR35 appears.

I think for the public sector it's probably game over for yer typical Ltd Co contractor, which leads me to wonder how many private sector roles will remain OS IR35.

Just wondered what everyone else thinks, and what your plans are?

Originally posted by MojoDog View Post
    Currently in a contract (OS IR35) with a large supplier to the public sector. My contract ends in February '21 but indications are the there will be a requirement until August '21.

Had an email the other day from the supplier saying that from 6/4/21 my role will be deemed as inside IR35. Contacted my agent who said that in the event that my role is extended they will raise a contract from Feb to 6 April for my LtdCo and then I'll need to get an Umbrella Co if I want to stay on past 6/4/21.

Not sure what I'm going to do yet - especially given that the supplier have stated that they will not be looking at revising the rates. 'If' I accept the extended role I guess I'll 'park' the LtdCo and see the contract out beneath an umbrella and hope that a role OS IR35 appears.

I think for the public sector it's probably game over for yer typical Ltd Co contractor, which leads me to wonder how many private sector roles will remain OS IR35.

Just wondered what everyone else thinks, and what your plans are?
    Carry on my successful EU contracting business unaffected.

HTH

Comment

Why? I'm in the PS and have always worked outside, and continue to get approached for OS roles
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I'd go read the IR35 posts from December 2019 to March 2020 and not ask the same questions that were answered there, hoping to get different answers.
        Last edited by Paralytic; 30 November 2020, 13:31.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
          I'd go read the IR35 posts from December 2019 to March 2020 and not ask the same questions that were answered there, hoping to get different answers.
          Oh dear, someone's tired.

Comment

Oh dear, someone's tired.
            I think you'll find the same PUBLIC SECTOR questions were asked by confused people back then too, even if not directly applicable to the April 2020 date.

Comment

If the client believes the role is inside IR35 why isn't it now.

So the all important question - is your end client deeming your role inside IR35 or are they just implementing a blanket ban on PSCs.

If it's the former they need to provide you with an SDS, if it's the latter they don't need to.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
                I think you'll find the same PUBLIC SECTOR questions were asked by confused people back then too, even if not directly applicable to the April 2020 date.
                I think you'll find I asked what people were thinking, not for a definitive answer. But congratulations for being the first person to give a snarky reply. I bet your mum's proud of you.

Comment

I think you'll find I asked what people were thinking, not for a definitive answer. But congratulations for being the first person to give a snarky reply. I bet your mum's proud of you.
                  And I told you where to find what people were thinking. But, in the General forum, stupid questions do deserve (if not demand) snarky replies.

Last edited by Paralytic; 30 November 2020, 13:39.

Comment

Carry on my successful UK contracting business unaffected.

HTH

Comment

Working...
                    X