• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

6th April 2021 - what will you do?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• courtg9000
    replied
    Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    I’ve know court for many a year, 8 pints of Guinness with him in under 2 hours still sets a record, his good lady must be one in a million to put up with him

Best memory of was him and Watty (be along shorty) almost going out for a square go at one and only Glasgow PCG meeting

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
    There have many 6+ sessions of Guinness Tarbs
    As for the Mrs she is still with me 9 years later

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post
    The latter I think.
    My health has taken the dive again and after a few other things came up and I am struggling to fight now. I managed 2 1/2 years after I nearly died. I have been getting totally wiped with face to face client stuff recently. I get tired more easily too now and need to sleep during the day. That's knocked on to other stuff like The Trade House Magazine which was a struggle to get out for the winter 2020 edition. I am absolutely gutted to be retiring at 45 but its a case of no other option.

I am completing an estate restructure strategy and that will be the last "contract" done. I know the client well and thankfully they have been supportive. This will be complete in next fortnight and the client is happy so far.

I will have to find something to occupy my time and will do that in due course. I have a few personal projects to look at and I am considering a small lodge in the countryside as a getaway bolthole . I am still chasing the dream of being able to complete the Telegraph crossword in under 7 minutes!
    I’ve know court for many a year, 8 pints of Guinness with him in under 2 hours still sets a record, his good lady must be one in a million to put up with him

Best memory of was him and Watty (be along shorty) almost going out for a square go at one and only Glasgow PCG meeting

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    He got on the wrong train and ended up in Aldershot. The call of the spud was too strong.
    Peeling him softly...

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    I guess he went to Colombia and still waiting for the rescue to come.
    He got on the wrong train and ended up in Aldershot. The call of the spud was too strong.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    The latter I think.
    My health has taken the dive again and after a few other things came up and I am struggling to fight now. I managed 2 1/2 years after I nearly died. I have been getting totally wiped with face to face client stuff recently. I get tired more easily too now and need to sleep during the day. That's knocked on to other stuff like The Trade House Magazine which was a struggle to get out for the winter 2020 edition. I am absolutely gutted to be retiring at 45 but its a case of no other option.

I am completing an estate restructure strategy and that will be the last "contract" done. I know the client well and thankfully they have been supportive. This will be complete in next fortnight and the client is happy so far.

I will have to find something to occupy my time and will do that in due course. I have a few personal projects to look at and I am considering a small lodge in the countryside as a getaway bolthole . I am still chasing the dream of being able to complete the Telegraph crossword in under 7 minutes!
    Ah that's a shame, sorry to hear that.

Leave a comment:

• courtg9000
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Good thing? Bad thing? I know you've always fought to stay busy so I'm guessing the latter?
    The latter I think.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I guess he went to Colombia and still waiting for the rescue to come.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Talking of which - where is spudbhoy?
    Snack vending machine needed replenishing in the Officers' Mess. All very hush hush.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Talking of which - where is spudbhoy?

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Surely that wouldn't take more than 10 mins!
    BR14 will be back soon enough as CUK's leading angry little repressed homosexual, and we can go back to baiting him.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X