• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

shocked, shocked I tell you

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shocked, shocked I tell you

MEPs support whistleblower’s 15-year saga – POLITICO

In 2015 Parliament again urged the CoR to comply with the Tribunal’s judgments.The CoR, which declined to comment, has consistently refused to implement the court judgments and has ignored the findings of the OLAF report and resolutions of Parliament. The officials responsible for the harassment were quickly promoted, once McCoy had left the agency.
    “Not only has the CoR refused to accept these court decisions and the OLAF findings, but it has failed to put in place internal procedures which can protect whistleblowers,” said Zanni, a member of Italy’s anti-establishment Five Star Movement.
    McCoy, 65, a Liverpool-born economist, said he was cautious about his chances of ever receiving compensation for his ordeal, but believed the CoR could not ignore the will of Parliament for much longer.
    McCoy said that unless the EU’s whistleblower protections are strengthened, reporting fraud in the EU remained extremely dangerous. “Unless you’re willing to lose your job and cause irreparable harm to your health, never, ever even think about blowing any whistles,” he said.

Earlier this year, the European Ombudsman found only two of the nine EU institutions it examined had complied with their legal obligations to enact whistleblowing protections.
    oh its the EU I'm hardly surprised...
    Last edited by vetran; 10 November 2020, 23:52.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    MEPs support whistleblower’s 15-year saga – POLITICO

oh its the EU I'm hardly surprised...
    I'm sure your indignation will keep you well nourished in the Hungry Years.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      I'm sure your indignation will keep you well nourished in the Hungry Years.

I will have all that Jam to eat. Empire 2.0

Comment

Read the first sentence and fell asleep. I'll ask my little puppet parrot to comment.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          Read the first sentence and fell asleep. I'll ask my little puppet parrot to comment.

Squawk EU ignoring their own court decision not paying a victim Squawk.

Comment

So a guy blew the whistle on CoR, an EU organisation. EU judges found against CoR, but it refused to cough up. The only action that can be taken against the CoR is withholding part of their budget. This is being done. Yep - totally shocking.

In other news, NHS whistleblower abuse continues, despite government legislation designed to protect them.
            Hospital bosses fingerprinted doctors in 'witch hunt' to find whistleblower | Daily Mail Online
            Whistleblower NHS nurse was unfairly sacked over workload warning | Daily Mail Online
            Whistleblower nurse says 80 per cent of NHS staff on one hospital ward have caught coronavirus | Daily Mail Online
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              I will have all that Jam to eat. Empire 2.0
              The jam is reserved for the export market, you cretin.

Comment

Working...
              X