• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Old Gregg and other Anti Contractors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post

What I find funny is that Old Greg isn't even in the UK, he shifted to Ireland a few years back..
    Interesting, so IR35 doesn't apply if your domiciled in Ireland? Gregg why don't you bring something valuable to this forum instead of your inane comments.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      My contracting business is going great guns, thanks very much, and shows no sign of being "whiped [sic] out". No complaints here at all.

Your "speaking out" is ineffective whining. If you're worried about your own business, think smarter if you are able to, and succeed. If you're worried about the direction the Tories are taking the country, get politically active to do something about it. Alternatively, carry on being a whiny pole choker on an Internet forum. My money is on you doing the last of these things.
      Or move outside the Uk which is what i did

Leave behind the gamblers alcoholics and the people on benefits

That will make the Uk prosperous and house prices high

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        Is the BBC still hiring contractors nowadays?
        BBC is a Tory mouth piece and has been for a while now, unless Gregg decides it isn't off course. Common Gregg inane boring comment or something meaningful.

Comment

Originally posted by Shackattack View Post
          If you are all so apposed to contracting why don't you set up an anti contracting site. There is nothing wrong with contracting, we forego regular steady incomes, we pay our own holidays, invest out own pensions, cut back on red tape, pay our own insurance and bring a wealth of experience to the economy.

Who the hell are the Tory, Eaton out of touch, millionaires tax dodging clueless idiots to tell us we are disguised employees.
          I have a steady income as a contractor and a lot more red tape than I would being a PAYE employee.

It sounds like you're doing something dodgy, cash in hand - toilet trader is my best guess, given your pole choking expertise.

Comment

BBC is a Tory mouth piece and has been for a while now, unless Gregg decides it isn't off course. Common Gregg inane boring comment or something meaningful.
            Don't worry, you weren't expected to get it.

Comment

Interesting, so IR35 doesn't apply if your domiciled in Ireland? Gregg why don't you bring something valuable to this forum instead of your inane comments.
              I mock cretins like you. It's a highly valued contribution to the forum dynamic.

Comment

There do seem to be a few posters who don't like their intended scams and tax evasion schemes to be attacked by more clueful posters.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

apposed
                  It would be apposite to note that you’re as thick as mince.

Comment

Isn't starting a thread about another poster a bannable offense?
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      Isn't starting a thread about another poster a bannable offense?
                      Not quite, starting a thread to insult another poster is a bannable offence - but only if the insult is in the title or the original post

Starting a thread and then insulting the poster in the second post is completely allowed.
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X