• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London perm salaries

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonPM1 View Post
    I was wondering if Whorty == OldGreg == WTFH
    We're just all well versed in dealing with failures like you.

Comment

Do the mods get paid??if yes I’d like to apply

Plenty cheapness and much quickness guaranteed
      You can call yourself a VP and do the job for a fiver

Comment

I was wondering if Whorty == OldGreg == WTFH
        Nah.

They're all Spartacus.

And he's Zeity's sockie.

As I understand it, when Zeity was Bored Now he'd log in from all the pcs in the lab as different users.

The entire board was Zeity on occasion.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 14 September 2020, 16:24.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          We don't talk about our pay, it's crass.
          It is not. It is what corporate overlords tell the proletariat so that they are blissfully unaware of pay inequality.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            Apologies about the 15 years business, the two of you just merged into a single whiny pole choker.
            Wow

For a dinosaur of tech your ability to string arguments and adult conversation is at the level of children who enjoy playing with toys of the same name.

This thread from memory started as a genuine request about VP perm salaries.

Your input on the other hand was about your day rate and how much you have to be paid to get out of bed. We care because...?

Anyway, quick answer to the question above is no I am not the OP. You guys serious that people waste time with 2 logins for supporting their own argument? How much spare do these people have!?!

Comment

Originally posted by PermMCCon View Post
              Wow

For a dinosaur of tech your ability to string arguments and adult conversation is at the level of children who enjoy playing with toys of the same name.

Your input on the other hand was about your day rate and how much you have to be paid to get out of bed. We care because...?

Anyway, quick answer to the question above is no I am not the OP. You guys serious that people waste time with 2 logins for supporting their own argument? How much spare do these people have!?!
              Oh come now, you are a bit of a whiny pole choker.

Comment

Wow

What's a VP? Ithought it was a junior manager role..
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Wow

This forum is full of old people telling all the youngsters to never go contracting and posting garbage about the weather and discussing everything apart from contracting

For people in their mid to late 30s serious about their career and earning capacity and tax optimisation which is what this forum should be about it’s very unfortunate

When a thread moves to general you just know it’s time to check out because all the lazy people jump in and take the conversation to a different tangent

It was worth posting for me to get a feel of what London financial perm salaries were paying. The rest of the thread was hijacked by people who wanted to pass their time

A shame that the admins don’t actually stop this childish behaviour but I ll go back to just browse mode rather than contribute mode
                  Last edited by LondonPM1; 14 September 2020, 21:16.

Comment

My place for VP band front office is £75k to £120k most senior devs on £90k to £110k, bonus 4% to 10%.This is for one of the largest non European investment banks not a hedge fund and they tend to pay mid range. Salaries been flat for 4-5 years now no increases reflecting current IT salary trend downwards. We don't really have project managers at all there.

I rang someone I know in July to see if they would take VP role on £90k at my place, they said it wasnt enough after being on 625 a day. They still looking for role and rang me last week interested in it but I filled the role.
                    Last edited by BoggyMcCBoggyFace; 14 September 2020, 21:41.

Comment

Originally posted by BoggyMcCBoggyFace View Post
                      My place for VP band front office is £75k to £120k most senior devs on £90k to £110k, bonus 4% to 10%.This is for one of the largest non European investment banks. Salaries been flat for 4-5 years now no. Increases reflecting current IT salary trend downwards. We don't really have project managers at all there.

I rang someone I know in July to see if they would take VP role on £90k at my place, they said it wasnt enough after being on 625 a day. They still looking for role and rang me last week interested in it but I filled the role.
                      Thank you. This is helpful. Another data point to vindicate the whole argument of 625 a day vs 90k perm. Clearly in your example the applicant preferred 625 a day and I don’t blame them at all given the tax position

Were you not able to hire contractor instead of perm for this guy at 625?

I’d love to hear what you or your teams working hours are like. Is it 9-6 with a one hour lunch break Or much more stressful. How much time are you coding vs project planning budget and admin

Finally how long did it take to fill the role. Were you flooded by resumes or did hr do a lot of the screening and you got left with quality skilled people
                      Last edited by LondonPM1; 14 September 2020, 21:47.

Comment

Working...
                      X