• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London perm salaries

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonPM1 View Post
    This site is for those earning contracting money smart enough to have worked out the UK tax rules - Not the average northerner working in wetherspoons

If people have been earning 650++ for ten to twenty years I imagine many have passive incomes north of that

How dare me for trying to bill 15K+ VAT a month when people working as nurses dont earn that a year
    Nah. You're just another Walter Mitty pole-choker.

Comment

I m pleased you liked to take a serious thread and invite people who have plenty of time to pass to mock it

Your threads are not serious, you are not interested in entering into discussions or accepting that others may have run the figures and know more than you.

At least AtW and Scooter are fun.

You harp on about earning £650 a day. I doubt that's true
      You talk about not being able to live off £100k a year. That says a lot about how you're not cut out to be a contractor, or that all your "wealth" is actually tied up in loans/mortgages/borrowing.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

This site is for those earning contracting money smart enough to have worked out the UK tax rules - Not the average northerner working in wetherspoons

If people have been earning 650++ for ten to twenty years I imagine many have passive incomes north of that

How dare me for trying to bill 15K+ VAT a month when people working as nurses dont earn that a year
        Your cretinism is visible from space.

Comment

I’ll also add that 22 year old graduates got paid 38k a year as starting salary plus a 10% bonus and three months classroom training in New York all paid for as part of the graduate hiring scheme back in 2004. I know Goldman’s Nomura and Morgan Stanley did these

Those days are clearly over.

Glass door is not bad but hearing first hand from others and recruiters is the only way to know what your c# java multi threaded background would be worth
          I 100% agree with you.

I have a previous Goldman colleague who was on well over £100k base as a VP, plus benefits and a very good bonus.

The point of the thread was averages in today’s market for normal ish roles. Not the exceptions. I also have a friend in a Hedge Fund doing project work for silly money. But those are the exceptions, with no recruitment in place at the moment.

Those quoting “GlassDoor” please feel free to send the thread lead all your £120k+ a year VP job roles.

As to my VP salary, I was very lucky to have been a well paid contractor at the bank before the offer and hence the VP offer at the time came in at over their Max VP plus benefits (ie part of the exceptions discussed).

To give you an idea, I have been with them ever since so no, there is no bitterness at my side or feeling of under paid. A friend at Goldman and a Hedge Fund earn more than me. They deserve it. My punishing hours pre Covid is child’s Play compared to what they have to do.

To Mr GlassDoor - Try not to sound like a little b!tch just because someone disagrees with your GlassDoor quote.

Comment

Originally posted by PermMCCon View Post
            I 100% agree with you.

I have a previous Goldman colleague who was on well over £100k base as a VP, plus benefits and a very good bonus.

The point of the thread was averages in today’s market for normal ish roles. Not the exceptions. I also have a friend in a Hedge Fund doing project work for silly money. But those are the exceptions, with no recruitment in place at the moment.

Those quoting “GlassDoor” please feel free to send the thread lead all your £120k+ a year VP job roles.

As to my VP salary, I was very lucky to have been a well paid contractor at the bank before the offer and hence the VP offer at the time came in at over their Max VP plus benefits (ie part of the exceptions discussed).

To give you an idea, I have been with them ever since so no, there is no bitterness at my side or feeling of under paid. A friend at Goldman and a Hedge Fund earn more than me. They deserve it. My punishing hours pre Covid is child’s Play compared to what they have to do.

To Mr GlassDoor - Try not to sound like a little b!tch just because someone disagrees with your GlassDoor quote.
            The only person who quoted Glassdoor was someone trolling the OP...

And what happens when HMRC come calling and ask for proof that your previous contract was outside IR35 - I hope you have a lot of money saved up...
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I 100% agree with you.

Thanks - Finally someone sane on this site - I was not going to bother replying others who think that this is a troll exercise

One last question for you - You said you were over the Max VP number - I have done a lot of hiring and of course there are ranges - What was the max VP salary at your (anon) bank and what percentage bonus did you receive and expect this year.

And are you working "hard" I mean 9-6 with one hour lunch five days a week is normal

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                The only person who quoted Glassdoor was someone trolling the OP...

And what happens when HMRC come calling and ask for proof that your previous contract was outside IR35 - I hope you have a lot of money saved up...
                Hi Eek

Yes that’s a very good question.

I had my contract checked beforehand - all good. But understand they can still come after all of us.

It’s been a number of years now hence I doubt I am top priority...

Comment

Hi Eek

Yes that’s a very good question.

I had my contract checked beforehand - all good. But understand they can still come after all of us.

It’s been a number of years now hence I doubt I am top priority...
                  I had QDOS insurance for IR35 compliance - No sweat at all

Comment

Thanks - Finally someone sane on this site - I was not going to bother replying others who think that this is a troll exercise

One last question for you - You said you were over the Max VP number - I have done a lot of hiring and of course there are ranges - What was the max VP salary at your (anon) bank and what percentage bonus did you receive and expect this year.

And are you working "hard" I mean 9-6 with one hour lunch five days a week is normal

Base salary was maxed to £90K ish exc benefits. But this was max max (Programme / Project team area). You are near Director level to get it offered at the time.

At the time I accepted at around the £100k mark before adding benefits. Bonuses of 10-20% on top as well.

As to the hours, it’s an “mix”:
                    - Anything between 8-7 with late New York calls outside of that
                    - Sunday night email and other activity catchup

We get paid well so it’s not surprising the hours are long and the related pressure that goes with the role.

HOWEVER, I’m fairly confident that deal done years ago would not be made available now, alongside having zero contracts at my old day rate...

Comment

Innteresting.
                      ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                      Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Working...
                      X