• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SC Clearance with points on license / criminal record

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

You'd kind of be wrong then. Obviously both of those won't work in your favour either but it's about being coerced and trustworthiness. Having debt means you may be tempted to sell the data or be bullied in to stealing it so although it might appear frivolous its been proven time and time again as a reason for people doing stupid stuff. Obviously there are different types of debt, some normal, some that are a problem but owing money you can't pay back is a problem.

Speeding points, drunk and disorderly and maybe even a bit of personal drug use doesn't generally mean you are a risk to national security.. but then no one knows the criteria.
    Yep, when I got divorced along came the financial questionnaire. Funny thing is I was better off as I had no debts and a load of beer chits. Speeding points don't seem to have at impact nor trying to use someone else's driving licence.
    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post

Yep, when I got divorced along came the financial questionnaire. Funny thing is I was better off as I had no debts and a load of beer chits. Speeding points don't seem to have at impact nor trying to use someone else's driving licence.
      Worked with one guy whose clearance hadn't come through for months. One day he got a demand for payment from one of their old credit cards, which his ex had loaded to the limit and not bothered to pay back. He paid the debt and his clearance appeared in that week.

Which also highlights what I keep saying that this is not always the clearance agency at play, it's also the local security team. The agency highlighted the debt, the local team waited until it was resolved until they passed his clearance. The unaddressed debt was the blocker, notwithstanding he knew nothing about it. Nor, come to that, would anyone tell him outside the CC company; wouldn't do to expose how clearance works in case people try to game it...

But you won't know what they are testing until you fail to get cleared, and then you won't be allowed to know because it's classified..
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

But you won't know what they are testing until you fail to get cleared, and then you won't be allowed to know because it's classified..
        Sometimes they come back for clarification though as I found out when I failed to include a six months flat rental which I only used for two. I'd moved a few times since then and genuinely forgot. But yes they do quite a thorough search so little point in trying to game it as you say.
        But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

I am curious .. if you can land a PM role .. you must have been a PM before and you should have money. Why are you driving around uninsured? Day insurance can be had for as little as £30!

On another topic, I once worked for a law enforcement govt. organization that required a CTC clearance. We selected an Indian guy and it turned out that he had come here on a student visa and had overstayed his visa and was an illegal. The nerve of that guy!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

You'd kind of be wrong then. Obviously both of those won't work in your favour either but it's about being coerced and trustworthiness. Having debt means you may be tempted to sell the data or be bullied in to stealing it so although it might appear frivolous its been proven time and time again as a reason for people doing stupid stuff. Obviously there are different types of debt, some normal, some that are a problem but owing money you can't pay back is a problem.

Speeding points, drunk and disorderly and maybe even a bit of personal drug use doesn't generally mean you are a risk to national security.. but then no one knows the criteria.
            I must be a good lad then because I've been to places.

Comment

Originally posted by LeadingFrank View Post
              (SNIP)

I have recently been charged with driving without third party insurance and driving without due care and attention. I plan to plead guilty to the former - so as a minimum I will have 6 points on my drivers license.

Not sure if this would be seen as spent or unspent criminal conviction but is this something that I should be worried about? Can i fail SC clearance for having a driving offence of this nature?
              (SNIP).
              They usually directly ask you during the interview if you have a clean driving license or recent driving history. If they haven't asked this during interview then it may not matter as much as you think. Honesty is important, so be honest on the form and provide as much detail you think appropriate when detailing the points.

You might get SC clearance or you may not. It might be nothing to do with the incident.

Comment

Originally posted by Destiny2 View Post
                I am curious .. if you can land a PM role .. you must have been a PM before and you should have money. Why are you driving around uninsured? Day insurance can be had for as little as £30!

On another topic, I once worked for a law enforcement govt. organization that required a CTC clearance. We selected an Indian guy and it turned out that he had come here on a student visa and had overstayed his visa and was an illegal. The nerve of that guy!
                It is possible for mistakes to happen. Most car insurance policy certificates contain an ability to drive other cars with third party insurance provided by the car insurance provider that provided the certificate IF the car is already insured with fully comprehensive insurance by someone who doesn't have stipulated relations to you, not driven for business purposes and not for rally track racing.

If someone states they are insured but there is an issue with that certificate, such as it explicitly disallowing other people to drive it insured, negating the other certificate clause on your certificate, then you don't don't have insurance. The insurance may also have expired, or car have no MOT or road excise duty, in which case the police will stop the car after it's flagged during random checks or by ANPR road cameras. Such cameras are now everywhere and so lots of people will be caught out, particularly after not using their car much last year.

It hasn't happened to me, but you need to ask for a copy of the insurance certificate from the person you're who apparently insures the car you want to drive. Trust no one when it comes to this, as a no insurance strike on your driving license is difficult to have reversed by a court and makes future insurance really expensive.

Comment

Working...
                X