• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is there no end to this PC/Woke madness?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Sorry, but if it's a choice between your barbeque and norrahe's, she wins hands down!

Oh and on the subject of wokeness, we're not supposed to call things "tobacco coloured" any more :

2020-08-11 Marks & Spencer apologises for calling bra colour in their lingerie line 'tobacco' following complaint that the name has 'negative connotations'

Seriously, why do these pathetic companies take any notice and indulge these vexatious attention-seeking complaints?
    Maybe they do it to anger snowflakes like you.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
      Shock Horror! wimmin who like to BBQ! Who'd have thunk it.

She's been running courses for years and certainly knows her stuff.

I've also run BBQ classes for women and men. Often women feel intimidated by attending classes that are predominately men when in comes to BBQ, so prefer to have courses with just all women.

I've been BBQing for over 20 odd years and my other half thankfully has no interest in it. If he touched me BBQ or smokers there would be trouble!

So would you also have a problem with this place ? Run by two women?????????
      The Hangfire ladies are the best. It's a great place if you can ever get a table.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        Sorry, but if it's a choice between your barbeque and norrahe's, she wins hands down!

Oh and on the subject of wokeness, we're not supposed to call things "tobacco coloured" any more :

2020-08-11 Marks & Spencer apologises for calling bra colour in their lingerie line 'tobacco' following complaint that the name has 'negative connotations'

Seriously, why do these pathetic companies take any notice and indulge these vexatious attention-seeking complaints?
        Marketing 101 at least try to make it sound attractive. What next Lung cancer colour lipstick?
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          Marketing 101 at least try to make it sound attractive. What next Lung cancer colour lipstick?
          Isn't that concrete grey?
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Women just aren't programmed to want to see what happens to stuff when you burn it. For example..I didn't see any girls in science class with melted BiC pens and plastic rulers at school when every lad had them like a badge of pride.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Women just aren't programmed to want to see what happens to stuff when you burn it. For example..I didn't see any girls in science class with melted BiC pens and plastic rulers at school when every lad had them like a badge of pride.

I use to melt bic pens and the very plastic crisp packets you use to get, when I was about 8 under the grill. By the time I was doing chemistry at secondary school I preferred to do different experiements using the chemicals there. (Though oddly the stricter chemistry teachers were the ones to try such stuff on and those sciences benches were very thick. )
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Probably because sexist teachers / parents tell them it's not 'ladylike' to set fire to things.

Comment

Maybe it's this predilection for burning stuff that's why so many blokes think that serving up a black acrid semi raw drumstick is acceptable BBQ.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    Probably because sexist teachers / parents tell them it's not 'ladylike' to set fire to things.
                    Nah, the girls are running a betting ring on which boy will be first to die / get arrested / get expelled.

Comment

"From the DM"

Nuff said.
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X