• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

2020 US Presidential Election thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    The full transcript must be out there.
    Maybe the Deep State have modified it.

Comment

The full transcript must be out there.
      Right. And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it would be interesting to check that. So, that, you're going to have to use medical doctors with. But it sounds - it sounds interesting to me.So we'll see. But the whole concept of the light, the way it kills it in one minute, that's - that's pretty powerful.Steve, please.
      President Trump on "Injecting" Disinfectants | C-SPAN.org
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Open carry states have the lowest gun crime and when they started open carry about 20 years ago gun crime dropped considerably.
        Wrong.

Effects of Concealed-Carry Laws on Violent Crime | RAND

Some studies find that right-to-carry laws reduce violent crime, others find that the effects are negligible, and still others find that such laws increase violent crime. The committee concludes that it is not possible to reach any scientifically supported conclusion because of (a) the sensitivity of the empirical results to seemingly minor changes in model specification, (b) a lack of robustness of the results to the inclusion of more recent years of data (during which there were many more law changes than in the earlier period), and (c) the statistical imprecision of the results. The evidence to date does not adequately indicate either the sign or the magnitude of a causal link between the passage of right-to-carry laws and crime rates. Furthermore, this uncertainty is not likely to be resolved with the existing data and methods. If further headway is to be made, in the committee's judgment, new analytical approaches and data are needed.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Good find. Links to here:

Access Denied

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            Good find. Links to here:

Access Denied
            Yeah, so I watched part of it at the time. There is a conversation about bleach, disinfectants, the virus in the lungs and saliva just before he comes on. He makes a half hearted attempt to sum up the chat he has not been listening to and it's a bit of a ramble.

Then a minute later he is asked "There’s no scenario that that could be injected into a person, is there?"

and Trump says...

"It wouldn’t be through injection. We’re talking about through almost a cleaning, sterilization of an area. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn’t work. But it certainly has a big effect if it’s on a stationary object."

And he is grasping the chat was about cleaning. Then crucially nobody in the room brings it up again as nobody really though he was saying "inject bleach". The chat is about semi porous surfaces, UV light and temperatures.

Comment

Yeah, so I watched part of it at the time. There is a conversation about bleach, disinfectants, the virus in the lungs and saliva just before he comes on. He makes a half hearted attempt to sum up the chat he has not been listening to and it's a bit of a ramble.

Then a minute later he is asked "There’s no scenario that that could be injected into a person, is there?"

and Trump says...

"It wouldn’t be through injection. We’re talking about through almost a cleaning, sterilization of an area. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn’t work. But it certainly has a big effect if it’s on a stationary object."

And he is grasping the chat was about cleaning. Then crucially nobody in the room brings it up again as nobody really though he was saying "inject bleach". The chat is about semi porous surfaces, UV light and temperatures.
              Can you show us where he is paraphrasing a journalist's question?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  Can you show us where he is paraphrasing a journalist's question?
                  He was paraphrasing his spokesman's chat. I can now see that from the transcript, but when I watched it first time it was clear he was paraphrasing someone. Clear by continual references like "and I think you said", "It sounds", "And then I see".

Comment

I think he was paraphrasing a journalists previous question as he was inviting the doctor next to him to answer.

I dont think he was serious in anyway. But then you have to read CNN to decide what to think about it.
                    He was paraphrasing his spokesman's chat. I can now see that from the transcript, but when I watched it first time it was clear he was paraphrasing someone. Clear by continual references like "and I think you said", "It sounds", "And then I see".
                    The spokesman says:

If you look at the first three lines, when you see the word “surface,” we’re talking about nonporous surfaces: door handles, stainless steel. And if you look at the — as the temperature increases, as the humidity increases, with no sun involved, you can see how drastically the half-life goes down on that virus. So the virus is dying at a much more rapid pace, just from exposure to higher temperatures and just from exposure to humidity.

If you look at the fourth line, you inject summer — the sunlight into that. You inject UV rays into that. The same effects on line two — as 70 to 35 degrees with 80 percent humidity on the surface. And look at line four, but now you inject the sun. The half-life goes from six hours to two minutes. That’s how much of an impact UV rays has on the virus.

The last two lines are aerosols. What does it do in the air? We have a very unique capability — I was discussing this with the President prior to coming out; he wanted me to convey it to you — on how we do this. I believe we’re the only lab in the country that has this capability.

But if you can imagine a Home Depot bucket — a five-gallon Home Depot bucket — we’re able to take a particle — and this was developed and designed by our folks at the NBACC. We’re able to take a particle of a virus and suspend it in the air inside of this drum and hit it with various temperatures, various humidity levels, multiple different kinds of environmental conditions, to include sunlight. And we’re able to measure the decay of that virus while it’s suspended in the air. This is how we do our aerosol testing.

We worked with John Hopkin Applied Physics Lab, and we actually developed a larger drum to do actually more testing. And it’s four times the size of that. So this is the capability that we bring to this effort.

So, in summary, within the conditions we’ve tested to date, the virus in droplets of saliva survives best in indoors and dry conditions. The virus does not survive as well in droplets of saliva. And that’s important because a lot of testing being done is not necessarily being done, number one, with the COVID-19 virus, and number two, in saliva or respiratory fluids.

And thirdly, the virus dies the quickest in the presence of direct sunlight under these conditions. And when you — when you look at that chart, look at the aerosol as you breathe it; you put it in a room, 70 to 75 degrees, 20 percent humidity, low humidity, it lasts — the half-life is about an hour. But you get outside, and it cuts down to a minute and a half. A very significant difference when it gets hit with UV rays.

What you describe as "paraphrasing" is this:

THE PRESIDENT: Thank you very much. So I asked Bill a question that probably some of you are thinking of, if you’re totally into that world, which I find to be very interesting. So, supposing we hit the body with a tremendous — whether it’s ultraviolet or just very powerful light — and I think you said that that hasn’t been checked, but you’re going to test it. And then I said, supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way, and I think you said you’re going to test that too. It sounds interesting.

ACTING UNDER SECRETARY BRYAN: We’ll get to the right folks who could.

THE PRESIDENT: Right. And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it would be interesting to check that. So, that, you’re going to have to use medical doctors with. But it sounds — it sounds interesting to me.

So we’ll see. But the whole concept of the light, the way it kills it in one minute, that’s — that’s pretty powerful.

Steve, please.

Trump is talking about "inside the body", "through the skin", "by injection inside or almost like a cleaning". How is that paraphrasing the spokesman, or is it being sarcastic?

Comment

You could always give it a try. Get back to us.

Comment

Working...
                      X