• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

2020 US Presidential Election thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Well, I'm not surprised.

That gun grabber Biden will have the country defenceless against roaming nutters.
    Joe Biden's Plan to End Gun Violence | Joe Biden for President
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

How can you fact check someone claiming their words were sarcastic?
      Because it's bleedin' obvious.

Do you think he was being sarcastic?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        Because it's bleedin' obvious.

Do you think he was being sarcastic?
        I think he was paraphrasing a journalists previous question as he was inviting the doctor next to him to answer.

I dont think he was serious in anyway. But then you have to read CNN to decide what to think about it.

Comment

I think he was paraphrasing a journalists previous question as he was inviting the doctor next to him to answer.

I dont think he was serious in anyway. But then you have to read CNN to decide what to think about it.
          Can you evidence that he was paraphrasing a journalist's previous question?

Anyway, it's really sad to see the lengths you will go to defend him. Being sarcastic!

Comment

His proposals look sensible. Someone needs to deal with gun crime in the US. Not against people defending themselves or their own property but surely it is not a good idea to allow easy access for criminals or the deranged. According to Wikipedia only some states require a licence or registration and some even allow weapons to be carried in public places. Gun-related homicide rate is 25 times higher than other high income nations.
            Last edited by xoggoth; 24 August 2020, 10:02.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Minny thinks Trump is being sarcastic or not in any way serious here.

It really is pitiful.

Comment

Can you evidence that he was paraphrasing a journalist's previous question?

Anyway, it's really sad to see the lengths you will go to defend him. Being sarcastic!
                If you find me the full transcript of the press conference we can go though it.

Comment

If you find me the full transcript of the press conference we can go though it.
                  So you have no evidence at all.

I do wonder whether you really believe what you're posting. That would be quite sad.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    His proposals look sensible. Someone needs to deal with gun crime in the US. Not against people defending themselves or their own property but surely it is not a good idea to allow easy access for criminals or the deranged. According to Wikipedia only some states require a licence or registration and some even allow weapons to be carried in public places. Gun-related homicide rate is 25 times higher than other high income nations.
                    Open carry states have the lowest gun crime and when they started open carry about 20 years ago gun crime dropped considerably.

Biden and Obama convinced areas to discontinue stop and frisk and the gun crime went out of control.

More legal guns is less gun crime.

Comment

So you have no evidence at all.
                      The full transcript must be out there.

Comment

Working...
                      X