• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shamima begum DOOM

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shamima begum DOOM

Shamima Begum can return to UK to fight citizenship, Court of Appeal rules - BBC News
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

I'm so conflicted on this. Don't get me wrong, **** her and the horse she rides on but apart from the feel good factor (And it did feel good!), the government really screwed up trying to strip her citizenship. It was always questionable, legally, has just opened the door to all this kind of crap.

Unfortunately, we produced her, so we should have collected her and prosecuted her and sent her to prison.

It's also something we would absolutely criticise another government for if they landed us with some terrorist and washed their hands of it.

Comment

It would be a crying shame if she fell out of the back of the hercules at FL150...

Still, it'll give the ethnic minorities and their WWCs something to riot about. They've been quiet(ish) for the past couple of weeks.
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Comment

Paging MrD Paging MrD

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
            I'm so conflicted on this. Don't get me wrong, **** her and the horse she rides on but apart from the feel good factor (And it did feel good!), the government really screwed up trying to strip her citizenship. It was always questionable, legally, has just opened the door to all this kind of crap.

Unfortunately, we produced her, so we should have collected her and prosecuted her and sent her to prison.
            Then we should have then tried to deport her after she finished her prison sentence.

It's also something we would absolutely criticise another government for if they landed us with some terrorist and washed their hands of it.
            Bangladesh made it clear they weren't not going to accept her.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Those judges have just given Bangladesh citizen Shammy a "you're free to come and stay in the UK" verdict.
              Whatever the outcome of her 'deprivation of British citizenship' trial, she'll never be subsequently deported from the UK due to human rights legislation regarding destination countries.

"Terror suspects cannot be deported because they would face torture or death if returned, court rules"
              "On 3 May, Bangladeshi foreign minister .. if she entered Bangladesh she will face the death penalty due to the nation's 'zero tolerance policy' towards terrorism."
              Last edited by SunnyInHades; 16 July 2020, 10:48.

Comment

Some turds don't flush.
                I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Then we should have then tried to deport her after she finished her prison sentence.
                  Deport her where, though? The Bangladesh thing was/is tenuous at best as far as I can recall

Bangladesh made it clear they weren't not going to accept her.
                  Don't really blame them, would we take a Bangladeshi born and bred terrorist?

Comment

Deport her where, though? The Bangladesh thing was/is tenuous at best as far as I can recall

Don't really blame them, would we take a Bangladeshi born and bred terrorist?
                    Deport Johnson back to the USA where he was born.

Comment

Working...
                    X