• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sorry about all that alarmist climate change stuff

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Sorry, this whole climate change tulip? I'm out.

As soon as these rockets starting saying I'm responsible for tulip in the 18th century I don't feel I am responsible for my actions today.

Pass me the swan vestas, I'm lighting the burn pit.

Aren’t you the same guy who is offended by stuff that happened at the end of the 17th century?

It’s almost like you’re just a massive hypocrite.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Aren’t you the same guy who is offended by stuff that happened at the end of the 17th century?

It’s almost like you’re just a massive hypocrite.
      Am I?

Comment

Look, use the search functionality FFS. Stop following me around with "did you once say"

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          Less than 1400 words. Five minutes top. Oh dear. But even the first paragraph gives enough information to show how ignorant your comment was.

On behalf of environmentalists everywhere, I would like to formally apologise for the climate scare we created over the last 30 years. Climate change is happening, it’s just not the end of the world. It’s not even our most serious environmental problem.
          I read the article but I didn't see him actually say what is the most serious. Plastic waste in the oceans?

It's bin collection day today so I'm off to see what contribution the couple down the road are making to screwing the planet. Last Monday was a record 14 bin bags.
          Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
            I read the article but I didn't see him actually say what is the most serious. Plastic waste in the oceans?
            I'm reading the book. I'll let you know.

It's bin collection day today so I'm off to see what contribution the couple down the road are making to screwing the planet. Last Monday was a record 14 bin bags.

We have to pay about £2 per 35l sack (that's about your normal bin bag). Household of four adults - one bag per week. Paying directly for it to be disposed of makes you a careful recycler - and composter. (There's even communal compost heaps for those who don't have a garden).
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Indeed.

The fewest we've ever seen them put out is 4. Usually it's around 6. The binman probably assumes it's a huge family but there's only the two of them.
              Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
                Indeed.

The fewest we've ever seen them put out is 4. Usually it's around 6. The binman probably assumes it's a huge family but there's only the two of them.
                Maybe they're serial killers...
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I'm reading the book. I'll let you know.
                  Let me know what it's like. I wasn't sure if there'd be much more to it than the article.

We have to pay about £2 per 35l sack (that's about your normal bin bag). Household of four adults - one bag per week. Paying directly for it to be disposed of makes you a careful recycler - and composter. (There's even communal compost heaps for those who don't have a garden).
                  I suspect paying a fixed price for "all you can muster" waste collection does drive one to be less careful as there's no penalty. However, I bet that if refuse collection was chargeable on a PAYG basis, rather than in with council tax, fly tipping would increase massively.

Recycling in the UK is so very hit and miss. Different councils will accept different things. I'd love to be able to compost food waste but can't because RBKC only offer food waste collection to properties that aren't blocks of flats (i.e. the majority of the borough).

Comment

Maybe they're serial killers...

Obviously they don't have a decent garden shredder and pigs, or a wooded hill nearby.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      Obviously they don't have a decent garden shredder and pigs, or a wooded hill nearby.
                      Or a big patio like MF

Comment

Working...
                      X