• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Child food insecurity in the UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    How do you expect them to find a job with no phone or Internet access?

he didn't exclude internet access.

Post office £8 a month internet would suffice. The kids could even do their homework via it. A £50 a month iPhone is not a human right.
    Last edited by vetran; 15 June 2020, 13:56. Reason: for the thickies
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Post office £8 a month internet would suffice. The kids could even do their homework via it. A £50 iPhone is not a human right.
      I think you mean £18 per month for the first 12 months thereafter £30 per month.

Unlimited Broadband Deals & Packages from GBP18 | Post Office
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Post office £8 a month internet would suffice. The kids could even do their homework via it. A £50 iPhone is not a human right.
        Clothes to look presentable at in interview?

Comment

Where did you get an iPhone for £50??

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            I think he meant per month but knowing these circles I'm sure there are plenty changing hands at that with no questions asked.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Monday morning, Wythenshawe "market"...
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                Or to feed them prawn cocktail crisps, now that they're legal again.
                Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                Monday morning, Wythenshawe "market"...
                Eh? I don't know if I'm just out the loop but I've literally never seen an iphone below £100 D: or 'ancient' models by now?
                I've never bought a new one, and second hand is always my go to , so.. I keep a good eye out
                Unless.. you mean stolen stuff? >_>

Originally posted by thelastrosbif View Post
                How does one solve a crisis of bad parenting?

genuine question, aside from leaving children hungry it is likely the root cause of the *vast* proportion of youth criminality, drug related behaviors, gangs etc

Think you've hit the nail on the head. But the quandary seems like too many intersecting issues. where do you start? what causes tulipty parenting? Is it possible to stem it at the source?
                Would slapping fines on irresponsible parenting produce actual results?
                Taking kids away from less than ideal parents would overburden the system further
                lets say that the majority of it are unaddressed mental or whatever issues .. perhaps a ton of issues across the board wOUld be stemmed if priority is given to sorting people out mentally and emotionally, and perhaps then we'll find the resulting on the ground responses will right themselves as a result.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  I think he meant per month but knowing these circles I'm sure there are plenty changing hands at that with no questions asked.
                  No, he had a pop-up advert on his laptop telling him that he had won an iPhone for £50.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by caffeine man View Post
                    You don’t give people benefits unless they are fitted with a contraceptive coil. Nobody on benefits should be allowed to breed. Removal of the coil while on benefits would be a criminal offence.

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
                    I could have sworn that Adolf was dead....
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by SarahT3 View Post
                      Unless.. you mean stolen stuff? >_>
                      We are talking about people that would rather starve their kids than run out of money for cannabis here so yes, of course he means stolen.
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X