• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Child food insecurity in the UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post

Smart kids.

Jamie's pseudo science "bad bits" and "good bits" of animals isn't fooling anyone.
    It is nonsense as that carcass would make a good stock. So those kids could be left with the impression that nothing useful can be done with it, which is wrong. It's not necessarily a good idea to blend it into chicken nuggets but his "this is rubbish" stance goes against a lot of other stuff he preaches.

Comment

"Here is a chicken, here are the bits I make money from, the rest is poison"

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        Rubbish. All the taste is in the fat. And if you ate a diet of lean meat, you'd die. A diet of meat and fat is perfectly sustainable ... so long as the source aren't carnivore.
        Obviously you haven't eaten any children. Try it and you'll find I'm right.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          Things will get worse unfortunately:

Suicides and overdoses among young adults were already skyrocketing before the pandemic started. Now experts fear that the situation is going to get even worse.
          Why Suicide Rates Among Millennials Are Rising - The Atlantic

And it also found that millennial workers take three times more time off work than those aged 55 and over.
          Vegans 'take twice annual sick day total of the average Briton' - Mirror Online
          You're tulipposting on an article about children having insecure access to (any) food with some crap from the mirror newspaper about veganism?

"Although the reasons for vegans’ high sik (SIC) day count are unclear, the study shows their sick days are on the rise, with two thirds admitting to taking more time off work due to minor illness than in previous years."

Great article, sounds like it knows entirely factual information. As mentioned in another thread, did you even bother to go find and read the original study yourself and examine the methodology to mull over any flaws within said study?

Thought not.

Anybody on this forum remember the old days of this forum when mince-eaters didn't just tulippost badly written junk newspaper articles all day long? Still, suppose admin has to get the ad payments through.

Note:
          It's good to watch out for any 'reliable studies' to appear here, as the NHS loves to discredit them and rightly so:

Food and diet - NHS
          Last edited by rogerfederer; 15 June 2020, 20:25.

Comment

Ban him please.

Comment

<Usual unintelligent tulip>

Heavily processed cheap food is often the reason children are overweight or, as you say 'fat'. Eating unhealthy stodge doesn't obviously mean you are nourished. In fact I suspect you're a prime example that those two things are directly connected, hence the bile that pours out at regular intervals from all orifices.

Comment

Ban him please.
                Self-referring request? I'm with Minestrone, ban Minestrone. Perhaps then he'll get off his Windows98SE box and get out for a walk; good for the mind and the soul, as well as his belly.

Comment

Originally posted by rogerfederer View Post
                  Heavily processed cheap food is often the reason children are overweight or, as you say 'fat'. Eating unhealthy stodge doesn't obviously mean you are nourished. In fact I suspect you're a prime example that those two things are directly connected, hence the bile that pours out at regular intervals from all orifices.

Comment

Not an irrelevant comment, each generation impacts the next. Any increasing problems with millenials will have an onward affect, on the economy, on their ability to provide food for their own children.

PS We are supposed to do extensive research before commenting on CUK? Not really what it's for, its just an online chat room. Still, maybe you can convince the moderators. The forum may be rather sparse.
                    Last edited by xoggoth; 15 June 2020, 20:54.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by rogerfederer View Post
                      Self-referring request? I'm with Minestrone, ban Minestrone. Perhaps then he'll get off his Windows98SE box and get out for a walk; good for the mind and the soul, as well as his belly.
                      Hi Russell.

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post1860499

Comment

Working...
                      X