• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Child food insecurity in the UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does one solve a crisis of bad parenting?

genuine question, aside from leaving children hungry it is likely the root cause of the *vast* proportion of youth criminality, drug related behaviors, gangs etc

Comment

Originally posted by thelastrosbif View Post

genuine question, aside from leaving children hungry it is likely the root cause of the *vast* proportion of youth criminality, drug related behaviors, gangs etc
      With 2 bricks.
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

I am sure there are clear pointers that can be watched for and sensible prevention methods. I suspect neither are being followed and telling people their behaviour is unacceptable is not permitted.

Its not lack of money it is lack of courage.
        Last edited by vetran; 15 June 2020, 11:02.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
          With 2 bricks.

too late for the boys they have 3 kids in their teens with multiple baby mommas, for the girls its not like they only have one turkey baster in their lives.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            Never say Thatcher didn't leave an enduring legacy.
            Sure it wasn't Harold Wilson? Or William the Conqueror?
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              In the early 90s, my wife did her teacher training at a primary school in Byker (Tyneside). The school was open 7am to 6pm. Many would turn up hungry and need feeding. And it wasn't unknown for a child to turn up in damp clothes, as they only had one set, and it hadn't dried overnight - the school had supplies of spare clothes for them.

30 years later...
              It's got a lot worse.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                Sure it wasn't Harold Wilson? Or William the Conqueror?
                How can one be sure? Have you considered that it could be multiple people?

Comment

Child food insecurity in the UK

You don’t give people benefits unless they are fitted with a contraceptive coil. Nobody on benefits should be allowed to breed. Removal of the coil while on benefits would be a criminal offence.

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
                  Last edited by caffeine man; 15 June 2020, 11:38.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                    The numbers are skewed. What should really be hit home is the amount of parents that have the money but don't give a toss about the sprogs now that they've managed to use them to get a free house. A very good friend of mine had two strikes, was in and out of care homes as a kid, etc. I met him at the local social club and we ended up proving how unfit we were by joining the club's five-a-side team, generally having fun. He's now got three kids and is working hard, mainly on becoming a qualified mechanic (he can do the job better than most that have a piece of paper to say they can). He lives on a council estate, not a great part of north Manchester, but he works hard. Last time we had a catch up, his grumble was almost verbatim what Mrs NLUK has witnessed. Girls on his street who think having a new tattoo, new iphone, dog, weed and booze are all higher priorities than feeding and clothing the kids they've got. More fathers need to take more responsibility. Kids need a role model and someone who will be their father bear and make sure they're fed and clothed properly. Unfortunately I think we're past our peak as a species.
                    People on benefits should be given a food card, that only allows them to buy food. No alcohol, fags, drugs, gambling, pets etc. I often think, why the **** do people on benefits have lots of pets

The government should also pay the landlord direct.

Comment

Originally posted by caffeine man View Post
                      People on benefits should be given a food card, that only allows them to buy food. No alcohol, fags, drugs, gambling, pets etc. I often think, why the **** do people on benefits have lots of pets

The government should also pay the landlord direct.

How do you expect them to find a job with no phone or Internet access?

Comment

Working...
                      X