• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BLM London Protest

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BLM London Protest

Vandalising the Lincoln Statue, Churchill Statue, and the Cenotaph.

On the 76th anniversary of D-day.

W@nkers

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

The people whose statues they are defacing would rather have rights for living people than a bloody statue.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      The people whose statues they are defacing would rather have rights for living people than a bloody statue.
      Apparently we should be more aggrieved at a piece of concrete having a bit of paint on than black men being victimised and killed by racist police.
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        Apparently we should be more aggrieved at a piece of concrete having a bit of paint on than black men being victimised and killed by racist police.
        A bit of concrete - the cenotaph!

Desecrating UK monuments is not the way to show solidarity with victimised black people in the USA.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
          Outrage.

It's what that lump of concrete represents not just to the families of the servicemen and women who gave their lives for our freedom but to all of us who owe them a debt of gratitude.

Fool.

Comment

Didn't someone post up something to this effect the other day?

Instead of saying, "it's a shame property is being damaged and black people are dying", try saying "it's terrible that black people are dying, and it's a shame property is being damaged". Flip around your primary focus - lives before property.

It was put much better than my poor paraphrasing but, essentially, no matter what the Cenotaph represents, it really is only a bit of concrete at the end of the day. If there was an earthquake/fire/flood and it fell down, we could rebuild it. You can't rebuild dead people.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              You can't rebuild dead people.
              That’s why they built the cenotaph - to remember the dead.

By all means protest - just don’t vandalise and desecrate whilst doing it.

OK?

Comment

I cannot believe our police killed all these black people in America. Something needs to be done.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  I cannot believe our police killed all these black people in America. Something needs to be done.
                  I hope you typed that while on one knee!
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Lot of snowflakes here.

Comment

Working...
                    X