• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BLM London Protest

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    Given the comments on here, it's hard to see that the prejudice can rise any higher

You guys who are upset over the concrete having some paint on it so realise that, if the black people communities and PoC were treated the same as white people that there would be no need to protest? Your attitude is why these protests are taking place.
    Inneresting .... Jog On thinks this was worth a negative rep

I wonder if it was the first or second paragraph that triggered him the most?

Well, at least we now know that he values a bit of concrete over the rights of all people to be treated equally.
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      Inneresting .... Jog On thinks this was worth a negative rep

I wonder if it was the first or second paragraph that triggered him the most?

Well, at least we now know that he values a bit of concrete over the rights of all people to be treated equally.
      Screenshot please. Last rep I gave out was on 4th December 2018 14:36
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
        You are a complete arse. But he is correct.

Whorty- check your rep again. The rep given 16:26, 7th Jun 2020 was not from from Complete Mor On. I've edited it to make it clear that I do know.

Desecrating monuments (the badly scrawled BLM) is unacceptable and it should cause outrage. I think it would be beholden of those who support BLM to say, regarding this - "Not In My Name".
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

So instead of protesting they should go and visit Salisbury cathedral because it's nice this time of year?

Is Salisbury cathedral even open to visit right now and if it was would that be sensible advice to give someone?
          What does RT say?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            What does RT say?
            They're not in NZ.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

What does RT say?
              About what?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Can't see the Notifications ... could have sworn it was you - sorry if I misread

Ooops!

Who was it NAT?

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  You are a complete arse. But he is correct.

Whorty- check your rep again. The rep given 16:26, 7th Jun 2020 was not from from Complete Mor On. I've edited it to make it clear that I do know.
                  Once I've read the notification I can't seem to get the list back up again ..... is this standard?

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  Desecrating monuments (the badly scrawled BLM) is unacceptable and it should cause outrage. I think it would be beholden of those who support BLM to say, regarding this - "Not In My Name".
                  Whilst I don't agree with graffiti, I'm certainly not more outraged at this than I am the racism that still goes on in our society. By focusing on this piece of graffiti the right are trying to distract from the very reason for the demonstration.

Comment

About what?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
                    About Salisbury Cathedral as a destination for resectable tourists?

Comment

About Salisbury Cathedral as a destination for resectable tourists?
                      Dunno - did you try their search function?

Comment

Working...
                      X