• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • FREE workshop: Preparing contractors for Autumn : Weds 29th Sep at 7.15pm. More details here.

Cool NASA website

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Cool NASA website

    It might be one of those websites that everyone knows about but I've only just discovered it.

    Overview | Our Solar System – NASA Solar System Exploration

    I'm almost inspired to purchase a telescope and get into this - though I have no idea where to start.

    #2
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    It might be one of those websites that everyone knows about but I've only just discovered it.

    Overview | Our Solar System – NASA Solar System Exploration

    I'm almost inspired to purchase a telescope and get into this - though I have no idea where to start.
    Looks good. I take it you have the Google Sky or similar phone app?

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by woohoo View Post
      I'm almost inspired to purchase a telescope and get into this - though I have no idea where to start.
      Point it upwards, at night, remove the lense covers and look through the viewfinder.

      Zig - In "ever helpful" mode!
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
        Point it upwards, at night, remove the lense covers and look through the viewfinder.

        Zig - In "ever helpful" mode!
        Don't let the missus have a go or she'll want the ceiling repainted.

        Comment


          #5
          Just read that In Depth page, interesting stuff.
          bloggoth

          If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
            Point it upwards, at night, remove the lense covers and look through the viewfinder.

            Zig - In "ever helpful" mode!
            Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            Don't let the missus have a go or she'll want the ceiling repainted.
            The "and then try it outside!" was being left for when he moves from "noob" to "intermediate". We don't want to overload him!
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by woohoo View Post
              It might be one of those websites that everyone knows about but I've only just discovered it.

              Overview | Our Solar System – NASA Solar System Exploration

              I'm almost inspired to purchase a telescope and get into this - though I have no idea where to start.
              Try Astronomy for Beginners | Night Sky Facts, FAQs & Resources - Sky & Telescope

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                Looks good. I take it you have the Google Sky or similar phone app?
                I don’t but will take a gander.

                Ive got a fancy vr headset so will take a look if anything similar for that also.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                  It might be one of those websites that everyone knows about but I've only just discovered it.

                  Overview | Our Solar System – NASA Solar System Exploration

                  I'm almost inspired to purchase a telescope and get into this - though I have no idea where to start.
                  Maybe this camera

                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                    I don’t but will take a gander.

                    Ive got a fancy vr headset so will take a look if anything similar for that also.
                    If you have young-ish kids or grandkids, they'll love it.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X