• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

When lockdown is lifted is anyone planning to return to the office?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Destiny2 View Post
    I miss the banter and the City street food market lunches.
    Lunch options are always better when someone else is doing the cooking. Or is that just me cos I'm crap at cooking?

Having WFH a lot pre-Covid, my main issue has always been that I don't get out enough when I'm at home. When in an office, I will make time to leave the desk and go for a lunch time walk and, if travelling by public transport, I will get off one or two stops earlier to make it a decent walk home. That worked wonders for keeping the lard off.

At home, I know I should go for a walk at the top and tail of the day in a kind of 'fake commute' and I should get my arse off the chair at lunchtime, or at some point in the day at least. I just never bother.

Comment

Where's the AndyW option?
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
        As long as they're still paying me then!
        I doubt it's a sum they notice.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Based on what evidence?
          judgement... finance is about incentivising people to work. mortgages, credit cards, student loans and most of the innovations in the sector have been designed to trick people into over-consumption.
          How could you keep control of the population when you allow them to move everywhere on the globe?

If even 20% of the roles in IT would be remote people will relocate to Spain those people will work poolside on sangria in a house 1/3 of the price in UK that they will pay off in 5y then work another 8 and retire with a big f u to the establishment. That would not be allowed.

It will create also a deep feeling of injustice and envy in the soul of the mortals still doing the 9-5 grind in the cubicle paradise.

It is in the same way as contracting has been taken out because it opposed a thread culturally to the mainstream culture - permidom.

Call me paranoid but none of than would not be allowed to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
            judgement... finance is about incentivising people to work. mortgages, credit cards, student loans and most of the innovations in the sector have been designed to trick people into over-consumption.
            How could you keep control of the population when you allow them to move everywhere on the globe?

If even 20% of the roles in IT would be remote people will relocate to Spain those people will work poolside on sangria in a house 1/3 of the price in UK that they will pay off in 5y then work another 8 and retire with a big f u to the establishment. That would not be allowed.

It will create also a deep feeling of injustice and envy in the soul of the mortals still doing the 9-5 grind in the cubicle paradise.

It is in the same way as contracting has been taken out because it opposed a thread culturally to the mainstream culture - permidom.

Call me paranoid but none of than would not be allowed to happen.
            Ah, so it's your paranoia that is convincing you about remote working not surviving post covid. Does this mean all the Tata/Cognizant/Wipros of this world will shut up shop as well?
            As for a UK citizen moving to Spain, they've got 3 weeks left to do it without a degree of pain and effort.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
            X