• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

11K per week extra dead than average

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

11K per week extra dead than average

Deaths registered weekly in England and Wales, provisional - Office for National Statistics

The provisional number of deaths registered in England and Wales in the week ending 17 April 2020 (Week 16) was 22,351; this represents an increase of 3,835 deaths registered compared with the previous week (Week 15) and 11,854 more than the five-year average; this is the highest weekly total recorded since comparable figures begin in 1993.

You won. Get over it.

Comment

That Boris chap has a very odd definition of "success".
      ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
      Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        Covid won. Get over it.
        FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
          That Boris chap has a very odd definition of "success".
          It's the little things that count.

Originally posted by Boris Johnson
          I’m shaking hands continuously. I was at a hospital the other night where I think there were actually a few coronavirus patients and I shook hands with everybody, you’ll be pleased to know. I continue to shake hands.

3 March 2020

Comment

Stalin sent his people to the Gulags.

We have simply cut out the middle man.

qh
            He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
              Stalin sent his people to the Gulags.

We have simply cut out the middle man.

qh
              Stop being so undemocratic.

Comment

The other point there is that not only are we seeing 11K extra dead than the five year average, we saw over 3K extra dead than last week.

Comment

Another post that hasn't aged well:
                  Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  Mortality rate is yet to really rise as a whole as opposed to just those who have died of cv.

Approx 10,813 deaths per week in Feb 2020 down from 11,183 as an average per week over last 5 years (yes death rate is on the way down right now)

Number of deaths due to CV each week approx 10.

So really we need another 300 approx per week deaths to get back to previous levels.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Another post that hasn't aged well:
                    According to oPM's dentist, you're just being hysterical.

Comment

Working...
                    X