• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Clap for the NHS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Its strange how media such as the Daily Fail and it's ilk considers this and the recent VE day parties as fine yet when a couple of people sit in the park, with social distancing, they're called 'covidiots'....
    It plays to their readership.

There was a story the other day of a slight peak in covid infections in Bradford following VE day ... as the doctor said, what started as a social distancing celebration, as the day wore on, turned into street parties with alcohol flowing. And once you get alcohol you get fights, and it's hard to punch someone from 2 metres away.

Same in the village I live in ... every day someone complains about social distancing, yet when it came to VE day the significant parts of the village turned out and had a big party.

Hey ho ...
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

There was a story the other day of a slight peak in covid infections in Bradford following VE day ... as the doctor said, what started as a social distancing celebration, as the day wore on, turned into street parties with alcohol flowing. And once you get alcohol you get fights, and it's hard to punch someone from 2 metres away.

Same in the village I live in ... every day someone complains about social distancing, yet when it came to VE day the significant parts of the village turned out and had a big party.

Hey ho ...

If a couple of drinks turns you violent then you might want to give it a miss!
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Hey ho ...
        A good show of patriotic sentiment will send the virus packing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
          Really? I thought they went AWOL years ago...
          I could understand if they had, as it’s a difficult job... deciding which end to try and feed, given how much sh1te comes out both ends
          Originally posted by Old Greg
          I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
          ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
            I could understand if they had, as it’s a difficult job... deciding which end to try and feed, given how much sh1te comes out both ends
            All those hard words like "fellow travellers"...
            Last edited by Old Greg; 20 May 2020, 14:24. Reason: Typo correction

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              All those hard word like "fellow travellers"...
              Hard word?

Have you lost what little mental faculties you had left during your ban?

Must do better, see you carer for advice...
              Originally posted by Old Greg
              I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
              ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Hard word?

Typo corrected. Thank you.

Comment

Hard word?

nah he is on his second half of shandy any minute now he will lump his neighbour in the care home.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    nah he is on his second half of shandy any minute now he will lump his neighbour in the care home.

At this point in the lockdown, that doesn't sound so bad.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      If a couple of drinks turns you violent then you might want to give it a miss!
                      Not me fella, it was over the cheap side of the village. We behave ourselves in our little private road on the edge of the village
                      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                      X