• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Clap for the NHS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    You can't read simple media that says the clapping is on Thursday and not Wednesday, so I'll not waste my time to go and find your post to the model (that you was so proud you'd found) that was being circulated everywhere a few weeks ago - this model was forecasting a near 100% infection rate and a 500,000 deaths in the UK.
    Nuff said.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Nuff said.
      Great deflecting ... pick up on a grammar error rather than answering the question
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        Great deflecting ... pick up on a grammar error rather than answering the question
        Leave him alone. Not his fault he doesn't know what day of the week it is!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
          Leave him alone. Not his fault he doesn't know what day of the week it is!!

It's always happy, clappy day for him
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

I Don't know, after all the NHS has done for you, and you want to give them the clap.

I'm disgusted!

Comment

Other STDs are available.

Allegedly.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

does that count as investing in the NHS
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Don't forget to go out this Thursday:

Tories accused of hypocrisy over key workers with immigration bill | UK news | The Guardian

Immigration and Social Security Co-ordination (EU Withdrawal) Bill: overarching documents - GOV.UK
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I always clap for the carers of sasguru and OldGreg on Thursdays, those carers put in one hell of a shift!
                    Originally posted by Old Greg
                    I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
                    ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Cheers, its awful - but they got democratically voted in fair and square this time, there's something very wrong with our democracy or country imo (or I'm reading too many forums, with people banging on about how we are in a recession the likes of which we wont recover from for decades and that herd immunity is a practical idea). 2008 FTSE was 4800 , GDP was 14% less than TODAY , FTSE is 23% higher TODAY than back then, and we paid 1.2TN out of the public kitty for that - it's hardly something we won't recover from for decades, and with Austerity, the top percentage are laughing all the way to their Mutuality's.

For me, this government is showing its true colours and people must be able to see that we haven't really the correct balance between public service expenditure and expenditure to protect and enhance the elite.

Patel rescinding the "free fees" for the year - and I'll never forget this brilliant headline earlier:

The Home Office says NHS doctors, nurses and paramedics with UK work visas due to expire before 1 October will have them automatically extended for a year so they can "focus on fighting coronavirus"

(not my words but) AKA. "fook off back to where you came from. After you've saved our lives"

I was never comfortable with the clapping for the hierocracy of it, but living in the NE , there's no conservatives around us, so it is heartfelt. I still do it weekly (and imagine its for me, the keyboard warrior , who is no where near a hospital!) For everyone who voted Conservative, its just salt in the wounds.

I've been working with the NHS since the outbreak and it's always divided opinions within the org too - many people are angry and also touched at the same time.
                      Last edited by Scoobos; 19 May 2020, 12:14.

Comment

Working...
                      X